Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 mic problem
Feb 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chailee80

1000+ Head-Fier
So i'm having a very weird issue with my ATH-ADG1 headset. If i plug it directly into my ipad and smartphone and do a voice recording everything sounds fine. If i plug it into the usb dac that it comes with on my pc and do a voice recording the mic picks up a heap of static, i can reduce the static by lowering the sensitivity but then my voice can barely be heard. I thought perhaps the dac might be faulty so i plugged a set of portable cans with an inline mic and a voice recording sounds fine. I then tried using the provided splitter cable and plugged it into my pc's audio and mic ports and i get the same static and voice issues. Plugging my portable cans into the splitter works just fine.

I'm simply cannot explain it, the headset works fine in my ipad/smartphone, my portable cans work fine with the dac and splitter, yet the headset will not work properly with the dac or the splitter cable. Am i doing something wrong here? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Maybe try the DAC and the splitter with another computer. You could be picking up static interference from your computer itself (ie grounding issue, esp with a big PSU), working on the assumption that your ADG1's are more sensitive and you have had no issues on the iPad/smartphone.

May 2, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #3 of 3
  Maybe try the DAC and the splitter with another computer. You could be picking up static interference from your computer itself (ie grounding issue, esp with a big PSU), working on the assumption that your ADG1's are more sensitive and you have had no issues on the iPad/smartphone.

Yeh i had the same issue on 3 different pc's. It is a truely weird issue, the headphones and dac worked fine except when connected to each other. In the end i sent them back to be checked out. Will be interesting to see what they find out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back