Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x Upgraded / new pads? Suggestions?
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mvs2

New Head-Fier
Hi folks !

I've picked up a set of ATH-AD900x's, really enjoying the sound --but not so much the comfort. I find the ear pads aren't deep enough for my liking so my ears rest on the mesh. Also the ear holes are just barely big enough to fit my ears and I have fairly average ear size.

With these being round cans its tough to find a suitable replacement or upgrade from what I've seen. The oval shape is idea to me by in order to fit that style it takes too much horizontal stretch and ends up deforming the oval shape of the ear holes.

Do any of you folks have a suggestion for replacement ear pads that might work a bit better?

Thanks a bunch !
Cheers

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi folks !

I've picked up a set of ATH-AD900x's, really enjoying the sound --but not so much the comfort. I find the ear pads aren't deep enough for my liking so my ears rest on the mesh. Also the ear holes are just barely big enough to fit my ears and I have fairly average ear size.

With these being round cans its tough to find a suitable replacement or upgrade from what I've seen. The oval shape is idea to me by in order to fit that style it takes too much horizontal stretch and ends up deforming the oval shape of the ear holes.

Do any of you folks have a suggestion for replacement ear pads that might work a bit better?

Thanks a bunch !
Cheers
You might be able to put some sort of stuffing under (around the inside edge) the stock ear pads, help to keep the mesh away from your ears.

Hifiman HE Velour ear pads will fit (with a little work) on to the AD900X and the pads are thicker then the stock pads, but the inside diameter is slightly smaller then the stock pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back