Audio Technica ATH-AD700s and AKG K702s
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheGiantHogweed

1000+ Head-Fier
I have had my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s for over 2 years now and I really like their sound. The one thing I would like a bit more of is bass. Not too much more though. What I like most about these headphones is the amount of treble they have. They sound so open and spacious and I really like that bright sound they have. If I get another pair of open-backed headphones, I wouldn't really want any less treble than these have.

I quite like the bass on these but they could just do with a bit more weight and impact to it. On some types of music, I really wish the bass was just that bit more powerful. Other than that, there is nothing else about the sound of these headphones that I don't like.
I also have the AKG K550s and they have about the right amount of bass for me. Because they are closed back though, their soundstage simply isn't as good as my AD700s.

I have read a bit about the AKG K702s and from what I have seen, they would be the sort of headphones that I like.
I would like to know if they have a similar soundstage to the AD700s and a similar amount of bass to the K550s if anybody has them to compare.

I doubt I will be getting them any time soon but I am just interested in what headphones sound similar to mine but just have a bit more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back