audio-technica ATH-AD1000X versus ATH-AD900X
Jun 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bloodandsoil

Head-Fier
Hello, I want to get some new open-air headphones and I am looking at these two options, being happy with a previous set of audio-technica headphones.  I believe the line has been revised since my last purchase and I would like to hear (pun intended) some feedback and especially comparisons between the AD900X and the AD1000X products.  I probably will not be using an amp, and I think these two phones have low enough impedance (38 and 40 ohms respectively) to support that choice.  Here they are (click image to go to official product page):

ATH-AD900X:

ATH-AD1000X:

Hey, thanks!

Jun 28, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 6
I have both but bought the AD1000X after I damaged the cord on the AD900X so I'm not able to do a detailed comparison. They sound MUCH better on my Little Dot 1+ amp with upgraded tubes and op amp than they do un-amped. But if you are just going un-amped I would just go for the AD900X as the potential of the twice as expensive AD1000X will be wasted. Just my opinion though. The AD1000X is warmer with more bass I think.

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 6
  Hello, I want to get some new open-air headphones and I am looking at these two options, being happy with a previous set of audio-technica headphones.  I believe the line has been revised since my last purchase and I would like to hear (pun intended) some feedback and especially comparisons between the AD900X and the AD1000X products.  I probably will not be using an amp, and I think these two phones have low enough impedance (38 and 40 ohms respectively) to support that choice.  Here they are (click image to go to official product page):
ATH-AD900X:
ATH-AD1000X:
Hey, thanks!

I own 5 Audio Technica headphone and do enjoy the Audio Technica sound :)
But I think my Soundmagic HP200 headphones are a better buy then the AD900X.

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 6
I see lots of multiple page threads for other products. I guess that audio-technica is not popular since this post is getting buried already without anyone commenting on the AD1000X versus AD900X.

So does anyone suggest a better low impedance open headphone?

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 6
I see lots of multiple page threads for other products. I guess that Audio Technica is not popular since this post is getting buried already without anyone commenting on the AD1000X versus AD900X.

So does anyone suggest a better product that is also an open-ear headphone?

It really comes down to budget.
How much your willing to spend for headphones.
To some spending the extra for the AD1000X is worth it, to some it's not.
I'm sure if you had the two in front of for testing, you would like the ADD1000X more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back