Audio-Technica ATH-A900
Nov 12, 2003 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Supersound

New Head-Fier
Hi

I have read some posts about Audio-Technica ATH-A900 , and just have a question,, Are they really so big as you say,, it is because I’m thinking of buying a per,, but i offend go out and play computer on LAN,, But I’m look like a dork with them on because they are so big then...

If you could compare sizes with this per of headphones, because i know the size on that on the Philips SBC-HP890

http://www.shop-fast-easy-electronic...locale-uk.html

thx
600smile.gif

Nov 13, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 6
OK!!...first off, get 3 25 or 50 pack cd-spindles (come with CD-Rs). Ok, for the 50-spindle ones, just imagine it being half as tall...ok, put 1 on top of your head, then hold the other two over your ears, this is the exact size of them. Well, if you've got 50-Spindles then it's half that, but that's the most accurate way to describe it.

Nov 13, 2003 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 6
If you're going to be playing computer games on a LAN, I don't think you should be worrying about your headphones making you look like a dork. Wear whatever is gonna make you happiest. If you're looking for something to wear while trying to impress the ladies, the A900s are not the way to go...but if you want some comfortable cans that sound good...they work very well. I definitely feel more self concious in public wearing them, and generally opt for the more discrete Shure e2cs...but that's sitting out in front of the DMV, not playing computer games. I've played many a happy hour of counter-strike with my (now-ex) A900s...and it's well worth whatever dork factor they may inspire.

Nov 13, 2003 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Supersound
Hi

I have read some posts about Audio-Technica ATH-A900 , and just have a question,, Are they really so big as you say,, it is because I’m thinking of buying a per,, but i offend go out and play computer on LAN,, But I’m look like a dork with them on because they are so big then...

They're not THAT big and the design/paint is pretty stylish. I wouldn't worry about looking like a dork. I went to a 20 person lan earlier this year and a number of people were quite impressed with them.

Nov 13, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote of the day:

Quote:

Originally posted by IWalker182
If you're going to be playing computer games on a LAN, I don't think you should be worrying about your headphones making you look like a dork.

ROTFLMAO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back