audio-technica ath-a900 ordered!!!
Mar 12, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #31 of 79
Am I the only person here who thinks this whole A900-burning is a bit too overhyped?

I personally think they sound great right out of the box and there's no day and night difference between then and now.

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #32 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
Am I the only person here who thinks this whole A900-burning is a bit too overhyped?

I personally think they sound great right out of the box and there's no day and night difference between then and now.

I shall keep that in mind.

What do headphone manufacturers have to say about the burn in process of their products?

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #33 of 79
Quote:

confused.gif

I am currently burning A500 and it's now approx. 28 hrs on it and I am noticing improvement over the bass and mids. At start there was almost no mids. And bass overwhelming. But now I can hear mids as well tight bass as before.

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #34 of 79
Quote:

Burn-in has and always will be subjective. To my ears burn-in made a huge difference, 'night & day' for sure.

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #35 of 79
Quote:

I think they sound great out of the box too but I do recall them becoming a bit richer in sound after around 100 hours.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #37 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mito
purolator canada

should be over the pacific right now on its way to toronto

Yo! Mito, I ordered my ATH-A900's last week also
orphsmile.gif

Currently at "Departure from office of exchange to delivery office".
We'll both be happy ppl by the week's end
580smile.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #38 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
Yo! Mito, I ordered my ATH-A900's last week also
orphsmile.gif

Currently at "Departure from office of exchange to delivery office".
We'll both be happy ppl by the week's end
580smile.gif

I ordered mine March 8th, last Wednesday. I'm expecting them to arrive this Wednesday. What about you?

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #39 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mito
I ordered mine March 8th, last Wednesday. I'm expecting them to arrive this Wednesday. What about you?

I ordered them March 6th. They're in Vancouver right now, heading on to Calgary where I'm at.
icon10.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #43 of 79
ok...

finally.

first song to test my a900:

look out for my love, neil young

the sound is much better than the ****** Nexxtech I've been using.

next test: harvest, neil young.

I am impressed, but I confess I have to hear more.

update:

ok, this CD harvest is much much better.
the guitars are amazing to hear. and the drum beats too. clear.

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #45 of 79
If you're listening to your headphones through your PC, it's better to directly plug your headphone to your soundcard line out than using the headphone socket of a PC speaker system.

Just make sure you adjust the volume (from volume property of your PC) slightly lower first since [soundcard --> headphones] tend to sound louder than [soundcard ---> speakers] or [soundcard ---> speakers ---> headphone]

If it is too troublesome to reach to the back of your PC everytime you wanna switch from speakers to headphone, the method that I always suggest is to get a mini-mini cable extension, plug one end to soundcard out, and the other end to your speaker line cable (that leads to line in of your speaker system).

Make sure the connection between the mini-mini and the speaker line cable is around in the middle of your monitor or somewhere you think is handy so it's easy to plug and unplug it. that way when you wanna listen to your headphone, you won't need to reach to the back of your PC anymore, since the connection is near you, you can just reach in and swap.

Not sure about the headphone out from your 5500 speakers, but from my PC speakers, the difference between listening to A900 from speaker's headphone out and from direct soundcard is HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back