Audio Technica AT-HA5000 questions
Jan 8, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 11
Probably. Wouldn't hurt to try. =]

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 11
congratulations - the HA5000 is in my opinion an excellent amp and it can drive any regular headphone just fine. Wether it has perfect synergy with any given hp everyone needs to decide on their own.
The AC coupled input features an additional capacitor in the signal path compared to the DC coupled. Hence, in case you trust your source to not provide a DC portion in the output DC should be the preferred mode - as any additional capacitor is said to degrade the signal quality.
I used mine always in DC mode with regular sources and never had an issue so far. You wouldn't want to do this with an iMod without coupling caps though :wink:

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jc9394:

Where did you get your AT-HA5000 from? Thanks.

I got it used here, but it tooks me almost a year to find one. I should just get it from pricejapan.com. You will be surprise how good the W5000/HA5000 combo is, I thought I was very happy with my maxxed out WA6/W5000 combo until I heard it in a meet and luckly I find a used one for sale with in a week. If I did not find it in a month after the meet, I will get a new from pricejapan.

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got it used here, but it tooks me almost a year to find one. I should just get it from pricejapan.com. You will be surprise how good the W5000/HA5000 combo is, I thought I was very happy with my maxxed out WA6/W5000 combo until I heard it in a meet and luckly I find a used one for sale with in a week. If I did not find it in a month after the meet, I will get a new from pricejapan.

jc9394:

Thank you for replying to my inquiry. I will get mine from pricejapan.com later this year.

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jc9394:

Thank you for replying to my inquiry. I will get mine from pricejapan.com later this year.

Better hurry before it is gone. It is simply the best amp for W5000 I heard, for some reason, I prefer HA5000/W5000 combo over beat22/W5000 combo. It also drives my HD800 fine too but not as good as beta22 on HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back