Audio Technica Amps: diff between AT-HA20 and AT-HA25D
Dec 9, 2006 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KeithChu

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for a relatively low cost amplifier for my set of AT-ADH700s for a while, so I figured why not go with Audio Technica. This will be my first headphone amplifier, since I'm not ready to spend $500+ on a headphone amp. Is there a difference between the old AT-HA20 and the AT-HA25D as in electronics or sound? Any recommendations on which to get? If there are any experts on Audio Technica stuff, please offer your insight. Thanks a lot.

Dec 9, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 6
Hey mate, I owned this amp before and with those headphones and can say that without anything beside volume, the sound is not changed at all. The phones are rather efficient in their raw state; have you not been able to enjoy them as such? That amp did add a little to the low end on my beyers, but it is not really at the end, something other than nice looking.

I hope you can save the money and get something better. If it is volume you need however, go ahead!

Dec 9, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithChu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking for a relatively low cost amplifier for my set of AT-ADH700s for a while, so I figured why not go with Audio Technica. This will be my first headphone amplifier, since I'm not ready to spend $500+ on a headphone amp. Is there a difference between the old AT-HA20 and the AT-HA25D as in electronics or sound? Any recommendations on which to get? If there are any experts on Audio Technica stuff, please offer your insight. Thanks a lot.

I'm no expert, but I was just looking at them in the store and the 25D has a DAC while the 20 doesn't. I don't know any details on the DAC, nor do I know how the amps sound.

Dec 11, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 6
would the AT-HA25D would sufficient to drive a set of HD650s? I know my ADH700s have very low impedance unlike the HD650s, so I wouldn't really an amp for the ADH700s. Would the amp/DAC be okay to drive cans with larger impedances?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back