Audio Technica Air (AD) // Art (A) Headphone question.
Dec 8, 2008 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

numberoneoppa

New Head-Fier
I have a dilemma, I have a pair of ad700s and I really love them, but they're a bit too wide for my head. I was wondering if the Art series of headphones (their closed cousins) had the same type of headband // resting structure because I was looking into buying a pair.

If not, are there mods available to make the cans suitable for people with narrower heads?

Or... suggestions on a cheapish (~100USD) pair of closed cans similar to a500.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 13
The sound of the A series is very different from that of the AD series, and you might be disappointed with them. Cause they have recessed mids, are a bit dark, and their bass is not as impressive as the Denons/Ultrasones. If possible you should stick to the AD700.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 13
I just got my AD700's in the mail today... and they're gigantic! They are way bigger than I had anticipated... After I ordered them I though, Oops I should've got a closed can for work, so I thought I would order the A900's but after seeing how big these are... if they saw headphones like this at work, they'd think i was focusing more on the music than my work
ph34r.gif
atsmile.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by numberoneoppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the input, the reason I'm looking into the A series is because I need a closed set for being at the library.

I ended up ordering the ATH-M50 Which folds up too, so better for transporting

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #11 of 13
They have got to be one of the most beautiful sets of headphones I've ever seen. You should definitely turn alot of heads in the library w/those. Good Luck & Happy Holidays!
Headphile808

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #12 of 13
Looks like I'll go with the ESW9, I wouldn't mind a darker sound for a change. Really quickly, though. How tight are these headphones? Are they comfortable for ~3 hours at a time or more for most people? Also, do they require an amp? (I wouldn't think so, but just to make sure)

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #13 of 13
The rubber band idea will work, I used it when I had my AD700. the only thing is you just have to hope you dont break the rubber band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back