Audio Technica AD700 Recabling/Replacement Cables.... what?
Jan 7, 2010 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Subatomic

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I have done a repair job a while back on my AD700's since the cable close to the driver end was faulty, and now they are starting to show the same signs. I would really rather not just job back another length of cable and resolder it, as the cable is going to start getting a bit too short. So, I was wondering, what options do I have for recabling or getting a replacement cable for it? It's not a special cable or anything, its just an Artlink dual or tri core cable (I assume its tri, that is left/right/ground, I don't think the ground is the shielding, in this case)...

I have already gone to my local electronics store, and they dont carry suitable cable replacements, and since i'm not *that* great with a soldering iron, would rather buy a cable with the 3.5mm jack already on....

So, what are my options? I want something fairly cheap, I can get a replacement cable from the AT service agent in Australia for $31.

Thanks guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 7
Bump! Looks like i'm going to have to do this again. Where should I get cable from? Don't have any issues with ordering online etc.... anyone makes good prebraided cables that I can just solder on to my headphones? Don't really want to spend that much tho (what, $30ish?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
buy 3 6 ft lengths of copper wire braid it solder it on solder the plug done
smily_headphones1.gif

I will investigate this if I can't find a premade solution
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards...-finished.html something like this would be fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 7
Bump. Anyone?

May 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 7
or you could just buy a six foot length of mogami or canare starquad. there's online stores like markertec and redco but i don't know if they ship international. 

May 7, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 7
Markertek will ship internationally, but the minimum order is $100, excluding shipping. I'm not sure about the shipping charges themselves.

May 7, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #7 of 7
Look for Van Damme Starquad cable and Neutrik jacks at Farnell Australia.
The cost is very low, at 10-12$ + shipping, but they improve the performance of just about any headphone stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back