Audio Technica AD700 for the Cheapest Price
Jun 7, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #32 of 36
If selling something at a low price by counting on having massive numbers of sales was a fail economic plan, then you might want to inform Walmart about this. This is exactly how Walmart operates. They sell things at cutthroat prices and they do it by selling them to everyone. Electronics companies are just greedy or are you going to seriously tell me that $500 for $5 USB cable isn't gouging?

There is a difference between wanting to survive as a company and trying to milk the customer for every penny, nickel and dime they have. There was a time when companies and customers respected one another. That time has long since passed. You now have customers and companies trying to screw each other in some sick game of revenge and greed. This only results in a lose-lose situation. Unhappy customers don't buy the crap that unhappy companies shovel out.

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #33 of 36
So I suppose Sennheiser should fire their PHD economists and hire you LordZ since their sales tactics is so poor and you obviously know more about economic models than those economists?

"I still think the people who buy more expensive headphones are complete tools but it's not like it's my problem." - LordZ

Just because more expensive headphones isn't worth it to you doesn't mean it's not worth it for others. I'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't even pay $40 for a headphone let alone $97 for an AD700 like you did.

Jun 7, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #34 of 36
I never said their current methods didn't work. It's obvious that it works. That doesn't make it the best way to price things. Obviously, they're happy selling something that costs them almost nothing to make at price tags over $1000 since people actually buy it. I'm pretty sure that if they thought they could sell AD700s at a $1000+ price tag they would but they keep lowering the price because they've run out of people to sell it to at the higher price tags. When they lowered the AD700s to around $78 and noticed such a high spike in demand they couldn't help raise the price a bit to slow demand and increase profit. I realize that all companies care about these days is profit. I'm just saying that the problem is the fact that they only care about profit. They introduce a product with the highest price tag they think they can sucker people into and then slowly lower the price as they notice people not buying them. This is very effective for profit but not so nice to the customer. [sarcasm]I'm sure 100% of that profit goes toward research on the next better thing.[/sarcasm]

I already mentioned that I was a fool for paying that much for a headphone. I just didn't see it as much of a choice since the cheaper headphones are pretty much unwearable to me. I'm talking about physical discomfort and not sound quality. The two reasons I decided on the AD700 was, primarily, comfort followed by sound quality as more of a bonus. If I could tolerate wearing them, I would have continued wearing $20 headsets to the end of my days.

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good points by LordZ.

Noo don't bump this thread! The other one just got locked and we don't want trolly finding this one open!

Uhhh.....
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back