AUDIO TECHNICA AD1000X VS AD2000
Jul 29, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Personally Nope, but its defiantly a preference thing. I Do feel the vocals are a bit more "musical" on the 1000x, but on the 2000x they have the full extension of naturalness, Closer sounding to being inside the studio with them. At least for female vocals, for male vocal its to hard because the 1000x isn't the best with metal (cymbals) while the 2000x is smoother so i spent most of the time with the 2000x & male singers. The difference between the 2 is actually quite small, but when you explain the sound it makes it sound larger than it really is but that's basically the only real difference the 1000x is warmer & musical, while the 2000x is smoother & more detail, just a notch up in the detail e.g. full range of vocals from natural to nasal & you can even hear the full tone of the strings (quite literally) on guitars & bass guitars while the 1000x is more the guitar chord & bass note.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 4
Personally Nope, but its defiantly a preference thing. I Do feel the vocals are a bit more "musical" on the 1000x, but on the 2000x they have the full extension of naturalness, Closer sounding to being inside the studio with them. At least for female vocals, for male vocal its to hard because the 1000x isn't the best with metal (cymbals) while the 2000x is smoother so i spent most of the time with the 2000x & male singers. The difference between the 2 is actually quite small, but when you explain the sound it makes it sound larger than it really is but that's basically the only real difference the 1000x is warmer & musical, while the 2000x is smoother & more detail, just a notch up in the detail e.g. full range of vocals from natural to nasal & you can even hear the full tone of the strings (quite literally) on guitars & bass guitars while the 1000x is more the guitar chord & bass note.

Would you say your interpretations also extend to the AD2000 (non x)? I haven't heard the AD2000x but my experience with the AD2000 vs the AD1000x was that the 2000 was more cohesive. As if there was roughness or tiny gaps in the sound whereas the 2000 did not or was imperceptible. The other major difference I found was driver speed that was particularly noticeable with lower notes. As if the low tones were relatively more resonant on the ad1000x but hit quicker and sharper yet faded quickly on the 2000.

Aug 1, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the non-X AD2000s,and they have glorious mids,though I havent compared them to other ATH headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back