Audio technica 2018 new family lineup: ATH-CK2000 Ti, ATH-AP 2000Ti and ATH-CM 2000Ti
Mar 10, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #17 of 29
Well I was in Minidisc recently and Lachlan gave my the CK2000 Ti for a demo, and it was the only pair they had. To be honest I quite enjoyed the sound of these and experienced no grain etc. of what a post in this thread mentioned. I found these to have copius amounts of bass, and they went very deep as well. More so than the Dita Dream I auditioned before these.
My only gripe about these is I found they were too bright for my liking, and I do appreciate a lot of treble but not quite this amount. However I was using my own Asla tips which have a large bore, so smaller bore tips should bring this back a bit. And the proprietry connectors were a put off ( they are like a reverse MMCX) but overall not bad considering the aformentioned negatives.

Mar 10, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #18 of 29
Yeah I was quite taken aback with Lachlan's comments on them. I'm could believe it if someone told me e-earphone's demo was broken. Had friends who had the same thoughts on the e-e's 2000TI as well.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Mar 10, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #19 of 29
Being a brick and mortar store, I wouldn't say he's trying even trying that, people can just come over and try it themselves after all.

Usually, when a headphone tune isn't really his cup of tea, you can detect it in his impressions, he avoids going personal, and just describe it, ala Jude usually do when introducing stuffs in CanJam previews. They're very professionally skittering around giving bad impressions, by just giving it... Impressions.
Only when they stated it clearly that it is of their preference that it goes personal.

For specifically lachlan, he does go into more detail and uses more expressions when it's a video released in his own channel tho,so take his impressions on Minidisc with a grain of salt.
But know there's always an easy way to still get true information about stuff just by taking subtle notes like that.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #20 of 29
I just picked up the CK2000Ti at the Tokyo Headphone Festival yesterday. I've only had it a day but I like the sound of these IEMs. I would not use it for acoustic jazz or classical but for pop music, it sounds great. Warm and big bass going deep but clear. Not bright at all and I can listen to these for hours without fatigue. The soundstage is very good but no where close to the Sony ier-z1r but that is not a fair comparison. Overall, very happy with the purchase.

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #21 of 29
Some interview of the line from the designer by Lachlan. More informal type.

9:30 - 13:36

May 2, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #22 of 29
I just picked up the CK2000Ti at the Tokyo Headphone Festival yesterday. I've only had it a day but I like the sound of these IEMs. I would not use it for acoustic jazz or classical but for pop music, it sounds great. Warm and big bass going deep but clear. Not bright at all and I can listen to these for hours without fatigue. The soundstage is very good but no where close to the Sony ier-z1r but that is not a fair comparison. Overall, very happy with the purchase.

Hi jazzgene, i’m looking to upgrade my CKR100 which i precisely like a lot for jazz considering it’s very good bass and imaging ability (after getting a MICITY replacement câble).. but soundstage is not huge i admit. could you tell why the CK2000 wouldn’t be appropriate for jazz?

Thank’s for your feedback

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #23 of 29
Hi jazzgene, i’m looking to upgrade my CKR100 which i precisely like a lot for jazz considering it’s very good bass and imaging ability (after getting a MICITY replacement câble).. but soundstage is not huge i admit. could you tell why the CK2000 wouldn’t be appropriate for jazz?

Thank’s for your feedback

I would not say "not appropriate" for jazz as everyone has a different bias for sound. The fact is the human ear canal is not a flat frequency hearing device. We all hear differently. What sounds grainy sounds smooth to another, etc. For my ears, I prefer a more pristine and less bass heavy sound signature for jazz and classical music. I love Etymotic ER4SR, for example for classical music. Love Stax SR-009 for jazz. But for electronic heavy pop/dance/kpop type music, these Audio Technica CK2000Ti is the bomb! Great earphones!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #24 of 29
I've had these for a few months now and would like to share my impressions on them

These are V shaped sound signature. Audio Technica tuned them well. The bass goes very low indeed. Sub rumbles galore. Low frequencies have agile authority. Being known for their mids, AT does a great job here by keeping the mids forward and emotive. Treble has lots of energy. its not hot though, it sparkles but it doesn't sizzle. The stage is nice & wide. They don't require much power, but do scale very well.

I much prefer these to Campfire Atlas. witch, to me had much peakier treble and much much boomier low frequencies & driver flex.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #28 of 29
The bass of the ckr 100 remains best in it’s class even compared to my other 2k€ hybrid .. tight and punchy with good rumble ... seems the ck 2000 achieve this .. like you I couldn’t make it with ATLAS : so bloated bass and harsh highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back