Audio system inside bed?
Sep 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Patrick82

Banned
Since I will move to a little apartment and invite friend over...I will need to make it pretty but I don't want to sacrifice audio performance. I asked for help at Hardforum but they closed the thread after I showed my Judge power cable, I think they got scared. I need to hide my power cable from visitors, I thought about a closet first, but my Magix levitation feet don't fit inside.

My best idea is putting the audio rig inside a bed. I will buy drawers and place them at the sides of the bed with a hole in the centre below it, it is not possible to see the audio system without lifting up the mattress which is resting on top of the drawers. What do you think?

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a good idea.

I will do it!
Quote:

Watch out for heat build up.

Bad for components yes, but maybe it is good in the winter.

Quote:

Also watch out for up and down pumping motion that could damage the components with thrusting force

The Judge power cable will hold, I used to be single so I have tried stuff...

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 12
I did stuff like that when I was a kid, a bed audio system. It was one of those beds with drawers on the sides, and you can route the wires through the bed. If you get a lot of people on the bed it could put more pressure on the components for better mass loading.

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did stuff like that when I was a kid, a bed audio system. It was one of those beds with drawers on the sides, and you can route the wires through the bed. If you get a lot of people on the bed it could put more pressure on the components for better mass loading.

Ah I didn't think about that. Instead of using books for mass dampening the vibrations, I use human bodies instead, and they will not even know it.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 12
Simply do not invite your newly acquired girlfriend over.
Problem solved!
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simply do not invite your newly acquired girlfriend over.
Problem solved!
wink.gif

well she's a plastic toy, can't be that heavy. Miss E-T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back