AUDIO SUCKS, NEED TO UPGRADE!
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

raclimja

New Head-Fier
i recently bought a Laptop(Lenovo Thinkpad X130e w/ AMD E-450) and so far i am enjoying it.
http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/thinkpad/x-series/x130e-amd/

the keyboard is pleasure to type on, the whole laptop is very solid.

it runs very cool and quiet and the most impressive of all is that the battery life is really good

my problem is that the sound coming from the headphone jack SUCKS.

i listen to alot of music(in FLAC format) and HD Movies and the audio is very muddy and somewhat distorted

I am coming from a desktop PC with a Creative X-FI Titanium HD and my earplug is Ultimate Ears Triple-FI 10

the difference of sound quality between my desktop PC and my laptop is Night and Day

i looked at a dedicated sound card for laptops but what i saw was most of them are using Express Card Slot which my laptop does not have

my laptop only has 2 USB 2.0 and 1 Powered USB 2.0 (Total of 3)

i looked at the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D which uses USB but that product looks hideous and overpriced

so i figure i made a thread on this forum and ask for advise as to how i can get better audio quality out of my laptop

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 5
The Fiio E10 would edge it 
L3000.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
The Fiio E10 would edge it 
L3000.gif

can you elaborate that comment further as to why is would produce a better Sound Quality?

a quick google search yields result which contradicts what you have said

Quote:

You haven't posted what gear your using, as in headphone brand and model.

You would do good to get the X-Fi HD, as it is a higher quality DAC, and when you get harder to drive headphones, just add an headphone amp to the chain and you'll be all set.

Quote:
Mainly the E10 and Emu labs 0204. The 0204 has less connectivity(I need the optical out) but has better measurements. The E10 has a very nice headphone amp, which would be my recommendation if you are not connecting anything else to it. Otherwise its the X-fi HD which best the E10 in almost everyway especially if you use it with a competent amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back