Audio streaming from optical to 3 PL's via PC?
Feb 11, 2011 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Pika007

New Head-Fier
Greetings everyone, my first post here, tried to ask on various forums, but no one seemed to even bother answering the question, hope it'll be different here...

ok, so the thing is this-
In my room i have a PC, a PS3, and a 5.1 system (microlab FC861, if anyone knows, it's almost nonexistant in the u.s marker for some reason)
Currently my PC is connected to the 5.1 input in the system (3X2.5mm PL to 2RCA) and my PS3 is connected to the AUX input (2.0 source for matrix surround emulation)
The surround effect sounds pretty horrid, and i'm trying to think of a solution that'll give me natural 5.1 with reasonable quality.
I was thinking of buying a Creative X-Fi Xtreme audio (http://ae.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=873&product=16770)
As it has an optical input, but can it even decode? google yielded no results, i need to know if it can decode the optical signal from my PS3 and stream it to the analog outputs, so i'll get 5.1 channels from my PS3 as well.

Any answer would be much appreciated

P.S- i know the best solution is a reciever, but currently i have no place for one, nor the budget needed (just replaced my old clunking wagon with a newer one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back