audio stores in San Jose
May 6, 2006 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I would like to know if anyone knew any audio stores around san Jose where they have a nice range of headphones to tryout. I'm maining looking for the senn. hdXXX lineup.

Thanks

May 6, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 12
paradise audio/video closed down
magnolia located somewhere along steven's creek. not sure the exact street but santana row is really close by. anyways they have HD600's, the HD555 doesn't work, eggo's have never been hooked up, all the sony's suck, and the HD280s work. damn i go there too much ...

edit:
btw guitar center also located on steven's creek, has select beyers, senns, akg, ultrasone, audio-technica. mostly dj and studio monitors though.

edit2:
bbtw compusa (also on steven's creek) has some senns. not sure if they'll let you demo it though, dont see why not

May 6, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 12
don't know if theyre still there but when I lived there, century stereo at bascom ave 280 exit had grados and senns. Also bay area audio at saratoga-sunnyvale exit 280 had 580s back in the 90s. hmm, don't even the good guys have all the senns?

May 6, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #5 of 12
magnolia hifi has some senn 600,555,280s some other ones too

its located in santa clara on winchester i think.

May 6, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328
Century moved down to the Prospect/Lawrence/Saratoga junction, and I don't know if they carry headphones anymore.

went there, they were in the same general area as paradise a/v. they don't carry headphones, but at the time they directed me to paradise a/v. really polite people
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 12
thanlls for the info, Glad to hear that there are some audio stores around san Jose.

does guitar center have the HD555 to try out and does magnolia hifi currently have a hd555 that works to try out?
thanks

May 6, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 12
magnolia had all working headphones when i was there a few weeks ago. IF you got an ipod/line out with FLAC they can let you listen to it. They have this cheap looking CDP with an unknown sampler cd in it.

May 7, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshot
magnolia had all working headphones when i was there a few weeks ago. IF you got an ipod/line out with FLAC they can let you listen to it. They have this cheap looking CDP with an unknown sampler cd in it.

I going to Palo Alto tommorow.I'll see if i have enought time for a detour so i can drop by and see what they got fer demo.I don't plan on buying another headphone so i'll try and not hassle them too much
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
the headphones at the brick and martor are full price, eh?

my clanmate bought a pair of hd280s for 99 so yeah its full retail, unless they have a sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back