Audio Software and Optimizers
Aug 18, 2018 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gordec

Headphoneus Supremus
I have tried Jriver, Audirvana, HQPlayer, and Foobar so far. I have also played with Fidelizer. None of them sound significantly better than the other. I settled with Jriver due to interface and features.

Yes, if you apply different filters and DSP, you can hear a clear difference, but is there anything more to these software other than digital filters?

Aug 18, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 4
I have tried Jriver, Audirvana, HQPlayer, and Foobar so far. I have also played with Fidelizer. None of them sound significantly better than the other. I settled with Jriver due to interface and features.

Yes, if you apply different filters and DSP, you can hear a clear difference, but is there anything more to these software other than digital filters?
Try some data tranfering option in Jriver. For example, when you connect hdvd800 head amp to your pc, there have some selection : Kernel, AISO, default ... I dont remember.
I prefer kernel

Aug 18, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't know about other brands, but on Apple, most apps throw out to the internal hardware for handling digital audio. The only real difference would be processing filters.

Aug 21, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah in my experience most of what that provides is the options. For example I liked that with foobar a few plugins gives me the ability to use ASIO and kernel streaming which both skip internal processing. I also like setting up chains of filters, which it does well. Ultimately though yes different media players have different dressing but all generally play music in the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back