Audio Ripper: DBpowerAmp, EAC - Exact Audio Copy, or CDex?
Mar 26, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 10
Many would recommend EAC for cd ripping because of its priority on accuracy. I haven't tried dbpoweramp or cdex, but EAC can do the transcoding you need.

Mar 26, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 10
I have EAC/Lame combination on another machine and that works flawlessly. However on another machine, the same combination had a problem connecting to freedb, and had to resort to using Audiograbber/Lame.

Both are great by the way.

Mar 26, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 10
I personally use DBPowerAmp, which works well, but would heavily suggest you don't use it as the latest versions are having to charge for mp3 encoding due to their use of a patented algorythm or something. I noticed this only when I installed DBPowerAmp converter on another computer recently. If you can find an old version of the player, I find it very serviceable in all its incarnations.

Mar 26, 2005 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 10
EAC is certainly the recognized source for highly accurate ripping. However, I have found dbpoweramp to have good quality (and it has the 'accurate rip' check) and its combination of conversion routines and other capabilities (Ipod programs for example) to be very useful.

In the end I usually use dbpoweramp. Ian

Mar 26, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 10
If you wish to use EAC you should follow this guide.

Personally I use J. River Media Center. The ripping engine is supposedly be as good as EAC. Really, unless you have really scratched CD EAC won't be any better, and in case you have a really scratched CD it will take ages with EAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back