Audio Research I50 anyone?
Feb 2, 2022 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Loftprojection

500+ Head-Fier
This one looks good and according to a reviewer in the sponsor forum, it also sounds very good but there is no detailed info on how the headphone out is configured and not much info, comparo…yet.

Anyone bought one? Info to share? I would be so grateful if someone would happen to have heard this new tube integrated as well as the Primaluna EVO integrated amps, same price range, tubes speaker and headphone out, well known and reputed builders…

1643832469487.jpeg

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 2
This one looks good and according to a reviewer in the sponsor forum, it also sounds very good but there is no detailed info on how the headphone out is configured and not much info, comparo…yet.

Anyone bought one? Info to share? I would be so grateful if someone would happen to have heard this new tube integrated as well as the Primaluna EVO integrated amps, same price range, tubes speaker and headphone out, well known and reputed builders…

1643832469487.jpeg
I heard the i50 at the Florida Audio Expo last month and I knocked out by the sound. I was ready purchase the amplifier until I found out that amplifier’s balanced inputs are not compatible with a signal beyond 2 volts. Most every DAC that has a fully balanced design, sounds best from its balanced output and nearly all normally output voltages well over 3volts. According to ARC, normal balanced voltages will over drive its input stage. The i50 is not even compatible with Audio Research’s own DAC9 if balanced connections are employed. It was likely a design oversight to incorporate balanced inputs on the i50. This was disappointing news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back