Audio Refinement Complete Alpha CDP?
Apr 2, 2006 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

darkninja67

Headphoneus Supremus
I did a search here for info and did not find anything. Any comments on this cd player? It runs around $695 which puts it in the area of the Eastsound E5. I can get this player locally though and it has a warranty.

Apr 2, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 7
Eh, it's not bad but not anything breaking down any barriers. It looks great and the fit and finish is excellent but sound wise I thought it was good but not stellar. I owned one for a couple years some time back. It's certainly a nice step out of anything mass market of course but considering the really good DAC's you can find now for that price or cheaper and the advancement of may CD players, it's not really anything making waves these days. It's fairly old as far as the design.

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Eh, it's not bad but not anything breaking down any barriers. It looks great and the fit and finish is excellent but sound wise I thought it was good but not stellar. I owned one for a couple years some time back. It's certainly a nice step out of anything mass market of course but considering the really good DAC's you can find now for that price or cheaper and the advancement of may CD players, it's not really anything making waves these days. It's fairly old as far as the design.

So am I better off looking at a NAD C542 or Rotel 1072? I am thinking yes.

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Apr 3, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
So am I better off looking at a NAD C542 or Rotel 1072? I am thinking yes.

I would still keep the AR in mind. Check them all out if you can. Maybe you could home audition them? the build quality of the AR is definitely higher than the Rotel or NAD but sound wise it will be right with them too (maybe better, who knows).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back