Audio quality loss?
Aug 16, 2014 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

So Far

Head-Fier
Hey folks,

I recently purchased a pair of HD650 and an ODAC/AMP with 3.5mm outpot. I'm currently using an 6.3 female to 3.5 male adapter and worried about quality loss. I know there's no audible difference between 3.5 and 6.3 but I got the impression that a longer jack would eventually lead to quality loss. Is it true? Should I get an aftermarket cable that has 3.5mm jack?

Aug 16, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 11
It's okay, an adapter can put (mechanical) strain on the 3.5 mm output on the O2, though

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #6 of 11
I have had issues with such adapters, though (not that exact one). Made for crappy sound quality as something was obviously wrong.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #7 of 11
  It should work.  It's better to get one with some cable.  Senn made one (which you may still be able to get) and Grado still does.

I would but the price is just ridiculous, not going to pay 20$ for an adapter. Guess I'll stick to my current adapter, thanks again for all the help :)

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 11
Just another voice to be super careful due to the strain the Senn male plug + adapter can have on the 3.5mm jack. That's a lot of potential leverage on a part that wasn't designed for that much force.  I got a Grado style adapter if only for that reason.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 11
  Just another voice to be super careful due to the strain the Senn male plug + adapter can have on the 3.5mm jack. That's a lot of potential leverage on a part that wasn't designed for that much force.  I got a Grado style adapter if only for that reason.

I see, well I do have a 3.5m to 3.5f cable extender but I just felt dumb using it- will it work aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back