Audio processing test - choose what you like most!
Jan 22, 2015 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

project86

Headphoneus Supremus
Interesting little listening "test" for you.... not actually a test per se, nor an A/B comparison, but more a matter of preference. Click HERE and listen to the clip, which plays through twice. Then choose which part sounded better to you. We'll call the beginning part A and the second part B. 

This was sent to my by Lear Audio (a HeadFi Sponsor if that matters). I don't know anything about what sort of processing has been applied or how the music was tweaked. I haven't tried any really nice headphones or IEMs with it yet, but so far they seem very obviously different to the point where everyone should notice - even on extremely basic gear.

Again, there's no "gotcha" implied here, no trick at the end where Lear tells us they are identical and we are all suckers for having "heard" differences. At least I don't think that's their intent. Lear tells me this has something to do with new product development but beyond that I really don't know. Polls are always fun though right?

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Sorry everyone, to avoid any bias to make your own judgment , we must keep silent until the end of the experiment!
But we can promise that you guys will be surprised of what we did.

By the way, we are also asking the original singer of this song and see that if he like part1 or 2~
This would be an interesting answer to know, wouldn't it?

Please enjoy and thanks for all your participation !

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Sharing of some participators comments in English from our Facebook page:

"I prefer part 2 as it sound stronger and more kick to it although towards the end of part 1 the vocal(voice) sound better ! Listen to it from Shure SE535LTD. Good experiment~"

"Hi friends. I think the second half of a test track sounds more naturally and more warmly (I think 2nd part sounds better) in my Hifiman HE-4 + MyST 1866 OCU (Hi-END Multibit DAC/AMP NOS/R2R DAC)"

"I prefer the 1st part as it sounded clearer than part 2"

"Part 2! coz of a thicker and more realistic representation of vocal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back