Audio player + Headphones under 250$
Sep 22, 2014 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Stark Heimdall

New Head-Fier
Hi, I want to give a present to a friend of an audio player and headphones, and I found your forum. Well, my budget is 200€ (I am from Spain), so around 240 $. I don't really know how much money should I allocate into the mp3 purchase and the headphones.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english!

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 11
100 USD: FiiO X1 hi res Digital Audio Player

rest of money: Headphones. Try for ATH-M50x.

Honestly, that is a tight budget. Would be better if you had more

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 11
  What about spending 50$ on a Sansa Clip + and get a good pair of headphones for 200$?. I always thought the headphones were the part that made more differences in the final sound.

Have to agree with this. headphones have much more performance per $.

A rockboxed clip+ gets you excellent features and sound quality for the price. For the headphones part you could get logitech ue6000 that sounds pretty damn good for the price(http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000 for a quick review) it also has fallen majorly in price,only 80 euros on amazon.es. This way you could even get a small portable amp with your leftover money.

Good luck!

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #7 of 11
The Clip+ and Zip are the same in terms of audio hardware and quality. The bigger screen and different button layout is the primary difference that I know of. Even a 32GB card holds a lot of music if your friend uses mp3 or aac files (not much sense in running big lossless files).

And I agree that one of them is an excellent choice as that allows you to get some nice headphones. As long as you do not buy high impedance headphones or fairly insensitive ones, you do not need to get a headphone amp to go with the Clip+ or Zip. For instance, the ATH-M50x already mentioned would work very well with the Clip+ or Zip.

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 11
I'm a fan of the clip, I've bought multiple for gifts and what not.  I would then research what you want in headphones, but the ATH-M50x is a good all around headphone but a bit overpriced in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back