Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Feb 26, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #257 of 760
Yesterday a linsoul rep told me that building time may take up to 30 business days. Which is roughly 42 regular days. And then they would be shipped to linsoul and then shipped to you. So its a long wait. But it sounds like theyre putting a lot of care and hard work into each set. So I'm happy to wait. You're getting a set of audiophile earphones hand made from scratch just for you. Thats a pretty special thing in this hobby and a rarity at this price.

I just wish more people had them already (or the storm) so I could hear more impressions. Im very hyped.

I also wish the brand name was not "Audio". Hilariously confusing.

Feb 26, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #258 of 760
Yesterday a linsoul rep told me that building time may take up to 30 business days. Which is roughly 42 regular days. And then they would be shipped to linsoul and then shipped to you. So its a long wait. But it sounds like theyre putting a lot of care and hard work into each set. So I'm happy to wait. You're getting a set of audiophile earphones hand made from scratch just for you. Thats a pretty special thing in this hobby and a rarity at this price.

I just wish more people had them already (or the storm) so I could hear more impressions. Im very hyped.

I also wish the brand name was not "Audio". Hilariously confusing.
Exactly!
This kind of care and attention is so rare and i have no problem waiting for a month or two to get my set shipped.
I've heard so many people complain about frequency/tuning inconsistency between units and general qc issues even in 300-500$ range that this new controlled approach to production seems like a blessing.

I just wish more people could get behind this production style to improve the consistency in the chifi world.

Feb 26, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #259 of 760
talking to the DIYer himself, he did say how overpriced many things are in the audio market. His goal entering this field is to provide music lovers like ourselves fairly priced products. He has done a lot of comparing himself and i'm pretty sure he does knows what kind of product he has created. If he was in it for the greed then i'm sure he would've jacked the price up already. Then again, I could be wrong, but i'm just saying things as I see them. Currently for this price, even $239, I would say is a steal for this product. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he is being truthful and will reflect in his future products as well.
how does the nozzle look like

Feb 26, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #260 of 760
"PERFECT STORM (COMING SOON)
Our New Flagship

With the success of Storm, our sound engineer worked tirelessly to create our new and up-coming flagship, the Perfect Storm. With a whooping 16 balanced armature per side, we promise that you will be swept away by the storm our flagship monitor will create in the audiophile industry."

https://aurraudio.wixsite.com/aur-audio/brands
more mumbo jumbo :popcorn:

Feb 26, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #261 of 760
As I ordered these on Feb 16th, they should start shipping within 10 days if Linsoul stick to what they said
I believe it said "10-20 days" processing when I ordered mine on the 19th. Now it says "30 business days" for orders after Feb 21th.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #262 of 760
Some updates:
Linsoul now says if you ordered before the 21st, the proccessing time will be 20 business days. After the 21st will take 30 business days. They now say sold out.

HBB added Lokahi to his ranking list but im a bit confused. He has it listed as an A, but still lower than several sets that he previously mentioned he likes the lokahi better than. Notably, the L4 is ranked above it - which is odd given the video he just made ranking the lokahi above the see audio yume and the L4.

Im wondering if he's pulling back on the hype to aleviate the order load on the DIY guy or because the lokahi is not available to buy currently.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TH9_bqUq1vANsFiXVbVZ6w8kVA9C3DkknnMGyIcKE7M/edit#gid=0

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #264 of 760
A plain A..? Well that's not very promising, as he often drops ratings. YBF used to be S for a long time.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #265 of 760
Some updates:
Linsoul now says if you ordered before the 21st, the proccessing time will be 20 business days. After the 21st will take 30 business days. They now say sold out.

HBB added Lokahi to his ranking list but im a bit confused. He has it listed as an A, but still lower than several sets that he previously mentioned he likes the lokahi better than. Notably, the L4 is ranked above it - which is odd given the video he just made ranking the lokahi above the see audio yume and the L4.

Im wondering if he's pulling back on the hype to aleviate the order load on the DIY guy or because the lokahi is not available to buy currently.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TH9_bqUq1vANsFiXVbVZ6w8kVA9C3DkknnMGyIcKE7M/edit#gid=0
He's not a fan of BA sets but honestly I think bee all were expecting a better ranking. Better wait a few more weeks to get some reviews from real owners.

Does Aür Audio still sell Storm and Nimbus? The old DIY business partner seems to be working on a 7BA+1DD to rival Nimbus.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #266 of 760
He's not a fan of BA sets but honestly I think bee all were expecting a better ranking. Better wait a few more weeks to get some reviews from real owners.

Does Aür Audio still sell Storm and Nimbus? The old DIY business partner seems to be working on a 7BA+1DD to rival Nimbus.
Lol same ranking as blon03

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #269 of 760

Users who are viewing this thread

Back