Audio interface with good headphone amp?
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Groovetreatment

New Head-Fier
Hello guys i need your help cause i will go crazy.Im searching for a good audio interface under 600euros that have good headphone amp in it to drive my dt 990 pro 250ohm headphones.I whas been on the way to buy the RME Babyface but i have read in threads that Babyface dont have good headphone amp in it.I have a friend that have same headphones and use it with Apogee Duet and he told me that is loudenough but im pc user so i cant buy apogee and i wanna avoid to buy separate headphone amp.Any suggestions?
I want usb or firewire audio interface.thanx!

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 4
I think the Steinberg UR22 looks very interesting and it's way below your price. I haven't tried it so I can't recommend it, but it may be worth researching. It's a brand new model so it has the latest features, but that may also make it difficult to find a lot of reviews. I don't know how good the headphone out is. Most interfaces seem to have a headphone out but not an actual headphone amp.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_series/ur22.html?gclid=CPaGy82yk7UCFSmCQgod1zEAMA

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Makes sense. Why are you avoiding a separate headphone amp? I don't think most interfaces are really focused on the power of the headphone output. It's usually just for easy-to-drive headphones. If you really want a powerful headphone amp, I would think you'd be better off with a separate unit that is focused on headphone performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back