Audio Interface or can I use my DAC ?
May 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mac336

500+ Head-Fier
Picking up some studio monitors soon and I was wondering If there is anyway I could just run my headphone DAC (bifrost) into the monitors.  Or would it be a better idea to just pick up an audio interface?

If you think I should go the audio interface route, some sub $500 recommendations would be appreciated.  I don't need anything fancy--just looking for something to get a clean/no interference signal from my PC to the monitors. 

May 13, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Picking up some studio monitors soon and I was wondering If there is anyway I could just run my headphone DAC (bifrost) into the monitors.  Or would it be a better idea to just pick up an audio interface?

If you think I should go the audio interface route, some sub $500 recommendations would be appreciated.  I don't need anything fancy--just looking for something to get a clean/no interference signal from my PC to the monitors. 

Well, if the monitors are powered, then just run them from the RCA jacks of your bifrost, if they're passive, you'll need an amplifier but I don't see a need for an interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back