Audio Hijack Pro
Feb 1, 2014 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

r010159

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!

I understand that Hijack Pro is a popular application. Why doesn't everyone who uses it share some information on any plugins that you use (VST or AU). Also you can bring up any problems you had with it and what you found to fix it. For instance, I found that a lot more AU plugins seem to work, compared to VST. This is particularly true with current commercial software.

Also I have a problem. When I play music from iTunes through Hijack Pro, the music can stop playing, even though the meters on Hijack shows the music is playing. Right now this only happens during the silent period between songs. I do not understand this interesting problem. I find I have to stop and restart the Hijack operation to get the music to continue playing. This only started happening recently.

Bob Graham

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 2
Here I go again, replying to my own post. I have been doing some research.

First, the problem I had described with Hijack Pro was solved with free Sunflower audio redirector, which routes the output of one software program to the input of another program such as Hijack. In this configuration, the problem stopped, and Hijack can be exited and initiated without our having it restart iTunes.

Now to the plugins. I was looking for an EQ plugin. A good one is SplineEQ by Photosounder. It is spline linear phase parametric equalizer. Linear phase EQ is more accurate that your traditional parametric EQ.  You can create points in the freq spectrum and boost or deemphasis it using the creation of splines. They have knobs to fine tune the parameters and alter the slope of the curve. It is free. The one that costs $19 allows the user to create up to 64 points instead of the 4 with the free one. The compressor/expander plugin I use is LSRaudio DynamicsDetail for $49. This is a basic plugin that allows you to adjust a few parameters. Its not like I am mastering an album, but it is adequate. The one knob version costs $16. 

Also, the company Voxengo has a whole assortment for plugins at different prices. They are best described as giving you allot of control over the sculpting of the sound. They are a bit pricey for my use, And I am just looking for the "bread and butter" type of audio plugin. I am more interested in accurately reproducing the sound.

Bob Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back