Audio gear for my PC
Aug 18, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #16 of 43
I think i am going to get the grados for now , buy another pair of sh***y gaming headset for arma3 and see how i like them , if i do , lucky me , if not i'm probably going to make a collection and order another pair so I can listen to my favorite songs while eating canned noodles.
are there any other suggestions regardong the amplification? Should i stick to the soundblaster? Are there better alternatives? Also what about the microphone, i would like something that perhaps won't pick up the sound coming from the headphones, i've heard blue yeti make some good ones , maybe they have a cheaper product or something?

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 43
If you want the virtual surround, the Soundblaster Z is the way to go. Otherwise, the Fiio E10K might be a bit better because of its lower output impedance (1 ohm) vs. the Z (22 ohm). But I have never compared them, so I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone else has compared them.

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #18 of 43
The microphone that comes with the Sound Blaster Z cards - the "array mic" - works very well and has active noise cancelling features thru the card. I'd honestly give it a try before blowing more money on a mic, especially if your goal is just voice communications. I wouldn't worry about the Zout - honestly I think most of the "big, giant problem" with Zout is largely overblown by a (relatively) small group of manufacturers trying to sell their products. IME Grados don't change all that much with amplification, even going from very low Zout devices to stuff that meets IEC spec or higher (but I will also add that IME the IEC-spec (or higher) stuff tends to, on average, have lower noise and better compatibility - funny how things line up with specs like that sometimes). The built-in Maxim amp on the SB cards is really quite good as long as you can live with ~250 mW or less (which is way more than enough for Grado and many other high sensitivity/low impedance cans). OFC ymmv and you may end up preferring something entirely different, but the SB will still get you a decent mic, decent digital source, decent features for gaming and multimedia, etc. :)

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #20 of 43
In that case, I would get the Grado SR80e or SR80i. Very good for rock and metal, IMO, for the price. Also, you could pick up some Grado L-Cush pads. This will take the SR80 series 80% of the way to the SR225 sound.

However, don't expect much (if any) bass emphasis. That's not what Grados are about.

Excuse me , could you tell me if the 80e's come with l-cushions? Or do i need to buy them separately? I can't find any on amazon.it

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #21 of 43
Excuse me , could you tell me if the 80e's come with l-cushions? Or do i need to buy them separately? I can't find any on amazon.it

I just said you could pick up some L-cush, which would imply that they don't come with it :confused:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Grado-L-Cush-Large-Replacement-Cushions/dp/B0006GCCO0

Now you might have to find them on Ebay to get them where you are.

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #22 of 43
I just said you could pick up some L-cush, which would imply that they don't come with it :confused:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Grado-L-Cush-Large-Replacement-Cushions/dp/B0006GCCO0

Now you might have to find them on Ebay to get them where you are.

Yes , but i've read in an old post here on the forumnthat someone received a pair with his 80i's .
I've personally never ordered from ebay , how do i know if the product is not a fake? And how do i know they can be shipped to me? Do i have to ask the seller?

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #23 of 43
I've personally never ordered from ebay , how do i know if the product is not a fake? And how do i know they can be shipped to me? Do i have to ask the seller?

Ebay sellers have ratings. If a seller has lots of feedback and it's around 99%, then I wouldn't worry about them being fakes. Not to mention it probably doesn't matter anyway. They are foam ear cups. If it's the same general shape, should work fine.

As for learning to use Ebay, I think they have tutorials and other help text to get you started.

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #24 of 43
Are those the l-cush? They are mighty expensive , but i am ready* to order them if you give me the ok.
http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B00VK0VLXY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1440256556&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=grado+cushion&dpPl=1&dpID=51f83TsGdWL&ref=plSrch

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #26 of 43
It doesn't say much there..
Something like a spare change of cushions for the grado SR60 SR80 SR125 SR225 Alessandro M1 and M2 black . I wish they gave some more info, like the size or something.
There's also thosehttp://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B010S87MYA/ref=pd_aw_sbs_23_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=18ERHHBADTJDKRPV5W80

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #27 of 43
The Amazon links like bowls/l-cush. There's only 3 current production Grado pads, and they all fit all Grado models, so nothing to worry about with size. If you're having trouble finding exactly what you want, however, you may try contacting Grado and seeing who their Italian distributor is, and getting pads that way. At least in the US they're quite cheap (like $15-20 US). :)

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #29 of 43
Well , unfortunately the support at grado is rather slow , or maybe they never answer , i've left a message yesterday and i still have no answer.
What would be the alternative to the sr80e's in this situation? I do not want to risk paying 140 euros and then not be able to wear them. I've owned a cheap pair of onear cans and after 2 hours my ears were hurting really bad.

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #30 of 43
Nevermind , they've given me the most professional answer ever after one day of waiting.

"please contact:

Italy Audioclub srl
V.le Pinturicchio 13 , 00196
Roma Tel +39-06-45432292

thanks"

Well , atleast it tells me what i'm looking for, maybe. Gotta see if they have a website.

And , in the end , the website http://www.audioclub.it/ is just a blog or something of sorts , and as i cannot go to rome , i would prefer to look for another pair of cans , because at this rate i'm not going to order anything untill Christmas.

So ,by testing your patience and reviewing the things i need them for ( rock,metal , arma 3 and skype , prolomged use , even up to 10 hours , to be linked to a soundblaster z or a e10k, or something else if required.. ), could you , again recommend me something? Around 200+- euros i'd say would be great . Thanks and sorry ,i really eant the grados , they seem like a good pair , but i just can't think of the default pads as being confortable , they are too small and probably put some pression onto the ear, the same as my old on ear headphones did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back