Audio-GD V 1.22 driver Will Not Install !! Help!
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Zekeman

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

First time poster here.

I just received an Audio-GD NFB 3.32 USB DAC and I attempted many times to install the V 1.22 driver only to receive the message:

SETUP LOG:  DATE 3-13-2013 TIME 22:45:47
Installed components :
None

Fail to Installed components :
Audio-gd USB Device  Ver1.0

I hope someone can provide some guidance and any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 10
OK I managed to get the driver to install with the following procedure:

1.  With laptop off, plug in usb cable and turn on the Audio-GD device

2.  Use Audio-GD supplied USB cable (driver would not install for me unless I used the cable they sent me). It has the little inline thing that apparently filters interference or sometihing.

3.  Reboot laptop after driver installs

With this accomplished I now have a couple issues:

3.  The sound drops out, as if you unplugged the USB...this lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds and then seems to reconnect.  

4.  The application that the driver apparently installed on my desktop labeled "Audio-GD Deck" will not open.  I thought this was supposed to be the "console" to make setting changes to the NFB 3.32

5.  The Flavor button - can anyone define what the 9 different settings do?  There are slight differences in sound but very slight at best.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 10
I'm having the same problem. Basically the driver cannot be installed and I'm seeing the same error message (as above). I've tried it on 2 different computers ( win 7) without any success. I've written to Audio-gd. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 10
Try to install the drivers manually.

Choose the device in Device Manager, and then update, custom file location, and choose the .inf file.

It´s probably in something like

Audiogb folder/Driver/Vista64

Or something like that.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I'm having the same problem. Basically the driver cannot be installed and I'm seeing the same error message (as above). I've tried it on 2 different computers ( win 7) without any success. I've written to Audio-gd. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

G - Start with the laptop off.  Plug in their USB cable....fire it up and do the install.  I did that one time and it did not install....but the second time it installed!!!  I have no idea why.  My DAC now works but I am having sound drop outs that are unacceptable!  If I can not resolve this I will return the unit to Audio-GD....but I remain positive (although my affinity for vintage audio is being ever reinforced during this trial).

This weekend I will attempt to make it work.

Keep us appraised of your progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back