Audio-GD Singularity 19
May 8, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #256 of 285
Audiophiles are usually cool persons. Moderate, open-minded and respectful. Never have any problem with them. Most of the headfi community is this way, fortunately. That is why i contribute to this forum when I can. People on this thread have posted racist comments in another forum. I am not sure they can be fair when reviewing or commenting on chinese products, that's all.

Thinking that you shouldn't take audio gear "advice" from someone who hasn't heard the gear in question is racist? That's absolutely fascinating.

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #257 of 285
Err, I dunno. I have read some nice reviews on the holo spring lineup and on other audio-gd dacs. It isn't a Chinese thing. It's a dac thing. And you should try a Schit dac, 15 day trial , use spdif and compare. See for yourself...
When i look at Schiit products, i see very well engineered stuff. Clever engineering to meet a price point. And the use of quality components. I see very good value. I have nothing against them.

But I am completely satisfied with my setup right now. By the way, i have a Schiit Wyrd in it.

Long life to Schiit. And to Audio-gd. It's great to be able to buy high value gears like this.

Leaving this thread now, wishing the best to all of you.

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #258 of 285
People on this thread have posted racist comments in another forum. I am not sure they can be fair when reviewing or commenting on chinese products, that's all.

One should be careful with the R word here. Criticising products as "chi-fi" for consistent perceived sonic under-performance (compared to other more established values), by Chinese natives no less, can hardly be described as xenophobic. At the same time, some "chi-fi" gear is being praised to the heavens as exemplary units of design philosophy and perfect examples of what "chi-fi" should be: low-cost, excellent performing wares. So it's about sonic performance and monetary value, not nationality.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #259 of 285
Just thought I'd post an update to this thread...

Still listening to my Singularity 19 and loving it. I have it fed from a SU-1 via IIS, which feeds into my Wells Audio Milo. My HE-6 are the normal phones I use with this setup.

Based on all the commotion a while back, I had done a little swapping things around with my DAC-19 and even my Modi 2 Uber, using both USB straight from the PC and then the coax out of the SU-1 to each of these. Tried the S19 via ACSS into my C-2 as well. I did all this because I wanted to see if the S19 really was the worst DAC ever made, as some have claimed. But what I can honestly say is that the S19 sounds better, to me, than either the DAC-19 or the Modi 2 Uber, with or without an SU-1 in the mix. In fact, it just sounds good period. I'm listening to it right now and I'm still satisfied with my purchase.

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #260 of 285
Just thought I'd post an update to this thread...

Still listening to my Singularity 19 and loving it. I have it fed from a SU-1 via IIS, which feeds into my Wells Audio Milo. My HE-6 are the normal phones I use with this setup.

Based on all the commotion a while back, I had done a little swapping things around with my DAC-19 and even my Modi 2 Uber, using both USB straight from the PC and then the coax out of the SU-1 to each of these. Tried the S19 via ACSS into my C-2 as well. I did all this because I wanted to see if the S19 really was the worst DAC ever made, as some have claimed. But what I can honestly say is that the S19 sounds better, to me, than either the DAC-19 or the Modi 2 Uber, with or without an SU-1 in the mix. In fact, it just sounds good period. I'm listening to it right now and I'm still satisfied with my purchase.

Thanks for the update. The truth always comes true...........Singularity 19 sounds good.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #261 of 285
Been doing a lot of DAC comparisons lately and I acquired a Denafrips Ares. A/B'd it to a fully upgraded Sing 19 and found the Sing 19 to be more neutral, faster with better bass quality and instrument separation. The Ares wasn't any slouch, but it was a little warmer DAC and the bass reached lower, but was sloppier. It also seemed a little rolled off on top compared to the Sing 19 and was definitely a notch below in separation. Used a few different headphones and also compared them via Opt and Coax.

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #262 of 285
Love my r2r 7 as well. Seems like Kingwa knows how to make excellent discrete r2r dacs. You have to burn the r2r 7 for a very long time, around 850 hours (550 in additon to the 300 hours done at the factory). Then, the bass gets very low and the sound becomes liquid.

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #263 of 285
Hi everyone I'm currently have modi 2 u plugged into lyr2 my headphones are hd700 . I'm looking for a better DAC . I was looking into the bimby but I read somewhere in this website that DAC-19 is better than bimby . The thing is I honestly don't know witch one is better the DAC-19 or the NOS-19 or this the singularity 19 ? Or what is the difference between them?

I think any of these will be a huge upgrade from modi 2 upper. But I want the best of them and will appreciate any advice from you guys.

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #264 of 285
Hi everyone I'm currently have modi 2 u plugged into lyr2 my headphones are hd700 . I'm looking for a better DAC . I was looking into the bimby but I read somewhere in this website that DAC-19 is better than bimby . The thing is I honestly don't know witch one is better the DAC-19 or the NOS-19 or this the singularity 19 ? Or what is the difference between them?

I think any of these will be a huge upgrade from modi 2 upper. But I want the best of them and will appreciate any advice from you guys.
Or you could make an offer on a used Master-7, like mine:smile_phones:. You would be sure to have a better dac.

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #267 of 285
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #268 of 285
I think any of these will be a huge upgrade from modi 2 upper

Be careful with this. Some feel the Singularity 19 fails at basic technicalities as a DAC, even when compared to a basic Modi 2U. If you are going to get an S19, if at all possible do audition the unit that you will be getting...

my headphones are hd700

Plus, if you're using the HD700 as headphones, you might want to consider upgrading transducers first. Even the HD650 would probably do a better job than the above...

Aug 20, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #269 of 285
Another question I have.

In the singularity 19 page thy says:
Since 15th May, the Singularity 19 had update the firmware to include the NOS 19 firmware in one unit.

Users can select the unit working as NOS 19 model or original Singularity 19 model .

Due you think it will be the same as NOS 19 ore gustclose ?

Is it like a software thing that you can choose from one to another?

If it is then I will have the chance to try both and select what is best for me.

Aug 20, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #270 of 285
Another question I have.

In the singularity 19 page thy says:
Since 15th May, the Singularity 19 had update the firmware to include the NOS 19 firmware in one unit.

Users can select the unit working as NOS 19 model or original Singularity 19 model .

Due you think it will be the same as NOS 19 ore gustclose ?

Is it like a software thing that you can choose from one to another?

If it is then I will have the chance to try both and select what is best for me.

The NOS19 and Dac19 are pcm1704uk dacs. The s19 with last firmware has the da-m1 as converters (discrete r2r boards).

The last firmware combines both the nos and os operation mode and can be configured with jumpers. The set of features in not equivalent to having both a Nos19 and dac19 but is quite close. Some pll options mainly were ommited. It is basically the same set of features as a r2r 7 or Master-7 Singularity i assume. Check the concerned user manuals on audio-gd's page to see the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back