Audio-gd R-27 DAC+Headamp+Preamp all in one first looks?
Aug 2, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #61 of 71
- can someone please summarized the differences between R28 and R27?

- does the R27 have the D27's "built in FPGA as DI-20 processor"?

Thanks!

(this was mentioned in the D27 product page. Only asking since the price for both devices are practically the same. R27 = $2090. D27 = $2080)

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #63 of 71
Knowing the respect the Chinese have for intellectual property, from whom do you suppose they stole the idea? I'm pulling the trigger on one within the month. :astonished:
You would pull the trigger on the original brand, not the copycat, right? Or you would buy a copy knowing where the idea was stolen from, not right. .LOL.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #66 of 71
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #67 of 71
how hot does this combo get? thanks

I have a Master 19 which gets hot to the touch when it's been on for some hours, but it does not seem to radiate any heat. Technically I'm sure it does, just to say that it doesn't add heat to the room and doesn't give the sense that it's hot, unless you touch the case. These units are all big, probably won't go on most people's desks. If you have it in a shelving rack and have a headphone cable a couple or 3 meters long, I guess you will not be aware of any heat.

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #68 of 71
Curious if anyone has done a comparison of a R27 with a Master 11 . I have enjoyed a Dac 19(10th anniv ed) for a while now , but looking to go to an all balanced setup .
I suspect they will be in the same ballpark , but was curious if one was more organic or natural sounding than the other ?

Aug 4, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #69 of 71
Have anyone had both Audio-gd R2R DAC and ES9038 DAC? Please tell me the characteristic differences of them, which sound better and what you prefer. I want to buy their DAC but don't know to buy the R2R or the ES9038 DAC. Thank you so much

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #70 of 71
Have anyone had both Audio-gd R2R DAC and ES9038 DAC? Please tell me the characteristic differences of them, which sound better and what you prefer. I want to buy their DAC but don't know to buy the R2R or the ES9038 DAC. Thank you so much
I don't have an Audio-gd ESS9038 but I do have an Oppo 205 to compare my R8 MK2 with.

A lot of ESS9038 DACs are crap (nothing that Audio-gd puts out is less than awesome though) but the Oppo is not one of them. It's flawless, perfect in every way. When you listen to it you know you are hearing the recording as perfectly as electronically possible. For Classical it might be preferred by some.

But when I listen to my R8 MK2, Sinatra is standing in the room right in front of me.

R2R is the way to go, I am unlikely to ever be interested in a chipdac again and unlikely to pick any other brand than Audio-gd.

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #71 of 71
Still strongly considering an R-27 RE for the main living room two channel system. Or, perhaps I should just wait until I can afford the best in Audio-gd separates.

Reminds me of the old Seinfeld bit about cold medication: "this one's quick acting and this one's long lasting... well, when do I want to feel good? Now or later?" Sort of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back