Audio-GD power cord....does anyone tried one ?
Jul 5, 2011 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Denys

100+ Head-Fier
hi everyone,

I am in the process of purchasing an Audio-GD Digital Interface to go with my new NFB-8. At the same time, I am wondering if it's worth to buy the Audio-GD exclusive power cord ($75 USD), instead of using the standard power cord that comes with the DAC.

Please take note that the actual power cord in plugged into a power bar that filters the power...

Here's the link:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/CablesEN.htm

Anyone bought it ?

Thanks for your time

Denys

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi Denys,

I have all Audio-gd equipment currently: C2, DAC19DSP, Digital Interface, and power filter.  I have two of their power cables - one for the C2 and one for the DAC19DSP - both plugged into the -70db outlets on the power filter.  I run the Digital Interface power from a USB 3 port right now but I'm in the process of buying the DI Power Supply and another power cable for it.

Originally, I compared the Audio-gd power cables with the standard power cords plugged into a Philips power strip (before I got the Audio-gd power filter) and I noticed that my mostly FLAC based music smoothed out with the Audio-gd power cables.  For me, the DAC19 benefited more I think than the C2, but both units seemed to produce tighter bass and silkier highs.  The Power Filter made this effect even more pronounced.

I can't say what the Audio-gd power cable will do for the DI power supply but I was willing to purchase it none-the-less given what I experienced with the other gear.  I figured it would have cost me just about the same amount or more to build a quality 12 gauge power cord - especially with their current 5% discount - so it was worth the cost to me.

I hope it will prove to be a good choice.

--Larry

Jul 6, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 5
If space and flexibility aren't drawbacks, I would actually recommend the Pangea AC-9. Comparing it side-by-side with my audio-gd cord it produced deeper bass and had a more open soundstage. The price is essentially the same.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 5
I have several, they are well made and sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back