Audio GD NFB6
May 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #47 of 127
Quote:
all listening now is fully balanced using the hd800 and the OPPO BDP95. It is fully burned in and has not changed much from the first day.

Still hard and grainy soo ?

May 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #49 of 127
Quote:
yes. fatiguing

Ok , how much time have you spent on it allready ? 200h-250h? , in any case take your time ^^ , you only tryed HE-500 and HD-800 as i understand . Peraphs better match with other cans as you mentionned .

May 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #50 of 127
I dont know other cans it would be a perfect match for and with. The amp is not bad but its no giant killer  or close to being one. It not very dynamic and I am using two reference headphones and a few mid tier headphones,. I notice hardly any differences and as far as listening I am putting hours on them and nothing going to change the opinion on them. They are not a giant killer  nor will the be IMO. maybe to others they will reside in a lower priced system will be happy with these. I will do a complete write up in a couple of weeks when i do have more hours and I also want to try some other balance interconnects to see if it helps. I also think you would be at a disadvantage to deprive your HE500  and HD800 of the dynamics thats makes them so special. I also would not buy balanced cables for my AKG550.D7K or Beyer 770

May 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #51 of 127
Quote:
I dont know other cans it would be a perfect match for and with. The amp is not bad but its no giant killer  or close to being one. It not very dynamic and I am using two reference headphones and a few mid tier headphones,. I notice hardly any differences and as far as listening I am putting hours on them and nothing going to change the opinion on them. They are not a giant killer  nor will the be IMO. maybe to others they will reside in a lower priced system will be happy with these. I will do a complete write up in a couple of weeks when i do have more hours and I also want to try some other balance interconnects to see if it helps. I also think you would be at a disadvantage to deprive your HE500  and HD800 of the dynamics thats makes them so special. I also would not buy balanced cables for my AKG550.D7K or Beyer 770

Hum forgive to Add a you on last quote (was refering to your HD800 and soon gone HE-500  ) .

I am not planing to go with NFB-6 , very happy with Auditor + T1 , but a friend was and is intersted in NFB-6 so i am curious on how it perform ^^ . Will just wait for final review 
smile.gif

May 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #52 of 127
Perhaps I am being a little hard on it but maybe I am expecting too much after all it is only a 400.00 amp and does sound good in the price category that this would be used. I dont have any other mid priced headphones but  the ones I have will give me enough to do my review. i also waiting on an audioquest diamondback XLR cable to make a better comparison and see if it improves the sound quality. I am using a professional  studio grade xlr now. Again folks I am using more expensive amps but I can say for 400.00 many will like this amp it built like all audio gd products like a battleship and well made.

May 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #53 of 127
Hey Frank!
Any insights on a NFB6 (via balanced) vs the Lyr for the He500?
Cheers!

May 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #57 of 127
I am curious as to how much better the hd650 will sound running in balanced mode. I am running it through the V100 atm and wonder if this will give me a better performance in balanced mode - I have a TWag V2 balanced cable with a pigtail so I can go balanced or SE

May 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #58 of 127
Quote:
I am curious as to how much better the hd650 will sound running in balanced mode. I am running it through the V100 atm and wonder if this will give me a better performance in balanced mode - I have a TWag V2 balanced cable with a pigtail so I can go balanced or SE

I no longer have an HD650 so i cant say. My V200 outperforms this amp even single ended or using the balanced Oppo with the V200 is a much better amplifier IMO. But at the difference in price it should.

May 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #59 of 127
Quote:

650 is better in balanced mode from my experience but it's subtle like most things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back