Audio-GD NFB-1WM
Jul 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bojamijams

Headphoneus Supremus
http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB-1/NFB1WMEN.htm

Has anyone heard this DAC yet? Looks very interesting with the dual power supplies.

The wife has decided that we need to upgrade our speaker setup so that she can enjoy the 'hi fis' as well so I'm looking at this or possibly the Anedio D1 though I'm not sure if the ESS sound is so for us.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
The wife has decided that we need to upgrade our speaker setup so that she can enjoy the 'hi fis' as well....

OMG! Where have you found this wife?! Mine is mad when she's in the other room and my omegas play too loud! I'm serious.
blink.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 5
hah... I was pleasantly surprised when she said that too.. originally she didn't care for any of it and kept insinsting that she couldn't hear a difference between a ipod and an imod (when I had them) but over time as her ears got accustomed to the Hifiman 801 and my STX, I guess she started noticing some things, so when we listened to some music through the Xonar DG ($30 sound card) and the Z5500 speakers, she complained for the first time.  I kissed her :)

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
hah... I was pleasantly surprised when she said that too.. originally she didn't care for any of it and kept insinsting that she couldn't hear a difference between a ipod and an imod (when I had them) but over time as her ears got accustomed to the Hifiman 801 and my STX, I guess she started noticing some things, so when we listened to some music through the Xonar DG ($30 sound card) and the Z5500 speakers, she complained for the first time.  I kissed her :)

Take her out for night of dining and dancing Bo...that NFB-1WM could be upgraded to a NFB-8 if you play cards right (
bigsmile_face.gif
). All kidding aside if your system errs on the side of cold and bright ( a little thin ) the Wolfson based DAC would be the better fit...if the opposite is true (of your main gear voicing) then the ES based unit might be better suited. The short answer to your inquiry is simply this : it depends on your other gear in the system chain which DAC would balance things out.

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back