AUDIO-GD NFB-15 ISSUES
Jul 9, 2015 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

douce

New Head-Fier
So, unfortunately only after 2 months of use my Nfb-15 is failing. Last night while listening to music on a low volume the right channel all of a sudden began to pop, crackle and distort. The unit was free of any surrounding obstructions to impede its ability to ventilate, and was not driving anything hard. This distortion (which sounds like a short) is there on any setting, headphone amp, variable pre amp, and fixed, also on any gain setting, and any input. It is also completely separate from the volume pot. I emailed Audio-GD this morning, but has anyone experience this kind of problem?

thanks,

Adam.

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 6
  So, unfortunately only after 2 months of use my Nfb-15 is failing. Last night while listening to music on a low volume the right channel all of a sudden began to pop, crackle and distort. The unit was free of any surrounding obstructions to impede its ability to ventilate, and was not driving anything hard. This distortion (which sounds like a short) is there on any setting, headphone amp, variable pre amp, and fixed, also on any gain setting, and any input. It is also completely separate from the volume pot. I emailed Audio-GD this morning, but has anyone experience this kind of problem?

Right now I'm guessing your going to be shipping the NFB-15 back to Hong Kong for warranty repair.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah... I was expecting as much. Kingwa has replied, so I hope this is a smooth process. Have you, or anyone for that matter had any experience in doing this?

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 6
  Yeah... I was expecting as much. Kingwa has replied, so I hope this is a smooth process. Have you, or anyone for that matter had any experience in doing this?

Never had any warranty issues with Audio-GD, but I never really hear anything negative said about Audio-GD.

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 6
I received my NFB-15.32 a few months ago. Recently I started hearing fixed level static noise out of the left speaker/headphones regardless of where the volume pot level. I'm using a USB input then RCA out to my audioengine A2+. Static noise can be heard from the left speaker as well as any headphones when I plug it into the 6.35mm plug. I've done the following:

1) I don't think it's coming from the USB source, since the static noise persists even when disconnecting the USB source. 
2) Swapped 110 V cable, still noise

Video/audio here

Do you guys have any other suggestions before I send it back for warranty fix? If it's something that can be fixed without opening up the box, I'd like to exhaust those options prior to shipping it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back