Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Jun 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #1,849 of 4,451
Everything effects everything. I wonder in the end how good it will be. As the usb in the M7
Is not its best and is best by the offramp and AP1/PP. another point is why no hdmi output
He keeps saying the hdmi is under patent but this makes no sense as others use it . Ps audio and offramp to name some .
Al

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #1,850 of 4,451
actually I would love to see 'audiophile' and cost no object digital implementation, i.e. like R-core.

the clock don't seem to be covered or a Oven control clock or a femto clock.

Hope the chasis is also a rugged and thick like the reference series.

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #1,852 of 4,451

I think that Audio GD doing a USB Digital Interface is a good idea! The Offramp, as good as it sound to me is not exactly cheap and in my opinion Master 7 deserves a really good transport. A digital interface that convert to I2S at a lower price when the Offramp would have been at the top of me list if not already bought the Offramp. Now I will wait and see. I of cause don’t know how it will sound or what it will cost, but are confident it will not be priced as high as the Offramp and be better than the implemented USB 32.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,854 of 4,451
I wonder if the new DI with USB interface via CAP or NUC or other audiophile PC will be good enough ?

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #1,855 of 4,451
As I am building a caps I will find out soon for myself and post what I hear.
Al

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #1,857 of 4,451
Does anyone know if Kingwa expects this new DI to sound better than the included USB 32? Any news on a release date?

You never know, kingwa might have been looking here at the OR5, and coming out with the DI again to match it. Who knows, it might even have an direct I2S input.   
L3000.gif

Release date could traditionally be 1st july. My POV, he is likely to offer discount or new products during july, or chinese new year period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back