Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #198 of 4,463
Quote:
Yes, that'precisely what I remember too.

I was recommend the gear if with regenerative power supply,do not power on over 8 hours continuous .
But other gear can power on all time but I recommend if more than 120 hours, restart is better .
Most gears have class A PSU and class A analog design built in so will have little hot, keep the gear have good air flow state is better.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #199 of 4,463
Yea there have been instances where I've left my DAC on for 48 hours at a time. Doesn't do anything. Heat kills electronic components...just make sure you keep the DAC cool.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #200 of 4,463
Quote:
Yea there have been instances where I've left my DAC on for 48 hours at a time. Doesn't do anything. Heat kills electronic components...just make sure you keep the DAC cool.

True but Kingwa did a projection- if left on 24 hours a day it equated to something like 18 years before cap failure became a factor (there abouts)

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #201 of 4,463
I was recommend the gear if with regenerative power supply,do not power on over 8 hours continuous .
But other gear can power on all time but I recommend if more than 120 hours, restart is better .
Most gears have class A PSU and class A analog design built in so will have little hot, keep the gear have good air flow state is better.

Thanks Kingwa, I never leave my DAC more then 8 hrs.

True but Kingwa did a projection- if left on 24 hours a day it equated to something like 18 years before cap failure became a factor (there abouts)

That's more than enough, I guess :)

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #203 of 4,463
   Quote:

Kingwa or other Master 7 users... what would you recommend for a warm up time for best sound from a cold start?  I listen to music mostly in the morning and will soon put the Master 7 on a timer (Insteon) to turn on an hour or so before I get up.   I have a tube amp on a timer as well to mainly turn off at a set time in case I forget.  So this works great and will do the same with the Master 7.  So what is the standard warm up time?

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #205 of 4,463
Nice, now we can get a solid first-hand comparison of the PWD Mk2 and M7. I personally preferred the Ref7.1 to the Mk2 overall, though the latter did some things better.

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #206 of 4,463
hi all,  im planning on getting the master7 and master8 in the near future - i know these are big units but do they use a lot of electricity?

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #208 of 4,463
hi tim, thanks for your reply, i wasn't aware these units had a standby mode - do you mean idle with no music playing?

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #209 of 4,463
That's my assumption- it states "power consumption 48 watts" so it's at least that. Someone who knows what they are talking about can correct me further. I think class A means full power all the time so maybe it's 48 watts all the time, music playing or not.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #210 of 4,463
Quote:
Nice, now we can get a solid first-hand comparison of the PWD Mk2 and M7. I personally preferred the Ref7.1 to the Mk2 overall, though the latter did some things better.

Looking forward to this comparison as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back