Audio-gd gears work with universal remotes?
Jul 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

runswithaliens

100+ Head-Fier
Hello and thanks in advance for answer to title question from somebody with actual experience in the matter at hand as it were.

Maybe I should add a few details for clarification.  Would be getting the new Audio-gd SA-31 amp.  Only want to use a remote for volume control. The Audio-gd remote costs an extra fifty bucks so no need to get it if I can just program some codes into one of those popular universal remotes (Harmony?).  I don't have much experience with such.  I seem to also remember there exists something like Learning Remotes where even without the codes you could point one remote into the other and by some sort of action get the universal remote to mimic the actions of the specific device remote. So even if I did need to purchase the Audio-gd remote to train the universal remote I would still be interested in doing it that way.

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Replying to an old threat here, I know, but I think it's a good question. I found this thread on the same topic with a reply from Kingwa: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/594569/audio-gd-ir-remote-programming-nfb10se

I thought of a different idea as well: it'd be great to be able to remote control Audio GD gear from inside WIndows or OSX, using some simple software and a USB  IR transmitter or something similar. Has anyone experimented with anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back