Audio-GD Dacs / headphone amps
May 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nicholars

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok I have tried to research these but I really don't have the time to trawl through 200 pages of threads to find out.... What I want to know is...

The sound signature of these dacs.... Would they be described as smooth dacs or detailed and harsh? Warm or cold? Harsh or smooth?

I want something to replace my somewhat harsh dacmagic... I tried the arcam rdac and it was definately smoother but the bass was boomy and generally not great.

I need a smooth dac and I am not sure if I should get an audio gd 3.2 DAC or a 5.2 DAC/HP amp..... How are the audio-GD amps? any good? Compared to what I am currently using? (NAD 326Bee headphone jack)

I am looking for a good smooth sounding, non harsh dac with good quality bass. I am not sure if I should just get the audio GD dac or the dac/headphone amp for my HD 650's...

Pleeease give me some input on this because I really need to know asap if I should be looking at these or looking elsewhere?

May 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 3
Hey mate your in the UK, can you get to Amp City? They have all the Audio-gd Amps and Dacs, Im sure you could bring along your HD650's & try them first hand......Then you will know for sure right......
wink_face.gif

May 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi, 

I have the Audio gd NFB-5.  Now I always says that this is my opinion so here goes. 

if you are after something that lets you listen to music the way it was recorded then you will be fine. As far a bang for buck they are great. 

but if your looking for the most amazing sound experience, well open your wallet and the sky's the limit. 

I have had mine for 3 weeks and am finding it really nice at driving my q701 with great detail and clean sound. In saying this i run mine with no filters so i guess it allows you to tweak a little. 

i have never taken it past half volume and that's plenty of drive. 

find somewhere that lets you bring your gear and listen to all your options. 

Good luck 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back