Audio-gd A-2 Class A Headphone Amp & Pre
Feb 17, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #63 of 67
May 5, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #64 of 67
got an amp.I have only positive emotions.High-quality Assembly.If you are looking for a low - cost uneversal headphone amplifier, feel free to buy it.I have a Takstar HF 580 and an AKG K-241.It handles both perfectly.If you use their proprietary ACSS input , you get what your source gives you.Perfect for jazz and Blues.The sound is clear without color.RCA input works with light color.Softer bass.For pop and rock music, that's it! This is my opinion as a simple person who loves music.Definitely audio gd A2 is worth the purchase.
Hi, is it worth to buy this amp, if i can only use RCA inputs or better to look for something better?

May 5, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #65 of 67
Hi, is it worth to buy this amp, if i can only use RCA inputs or better to look for something better?
It doesn't say RCA inputs are bad, it is comparing to the ACSS which is an absolute top end.
You can't get any better than from ACSS, it is a similar technology to the Krell CAST. Normally you pay 10 times more for such equipment. If you have Audio GD DAC ( like R-1), you get ACSS output for free.

Typically ACSS with a stock cable sounds better than RCA with $2K cable. In other words, a "light color" means a slight degradation. Audio GD house of sound is very much neutral, on the RCA connection it ends slightly on the warm side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back