Audio enthusiast EDC (Every Day Carry)
Dec 14, 2016 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

VeXun

100+ Head-Fier

I wanted to start a thread about EDC what is your daily carry, I used to carry my etymotic research ER4S but got tired of the cable noise so I'm currently trying Bluetooth and am liking it so far but at home I stick with my FLC 8s and Fiio e07k docked into my fiio e10.

In the photo I have the jaybird freedoms, Motorola moto hint Bluetooth ear piece, Apple Watch 2015 and 256gb black iPhone 7 with dBrand red carbon fiber skin.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 20
Here's mine:

Clockwise from the top,
HTC One M8 (international unlocked, not rooted)
Pebble Watch
Basics minimal wallet
Trinity Audio Vyrus (silver undampened filters & Spinfit tips for summer, foam tips for winter, plus the gold undampened filters and the silver damped filters if I ever want to change thIngs up.)

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 20

This is my EDC: Sony A15 and Shure 215 with SpinFit tips. I take this everywhere, as it is part of how I manage a neurological condition called Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). It is amazing how helpful music can be, especially when the layers are a little more separated. It helps me focus and being an academic that is invaluable. I am looking to upgrade at least the Shures that are now around 5 years old.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 20
Here's mine:

Clockwise from the top,
HTC One M8 (international unlocked, not rooted)
Pebble Watch
Basics minimal wallet
Trinity Audio Vyrus (silver undampened filters & Spinfit tips for summer, foam tips for winter, plus the gold undampened filters and the silver damped filters if I ever want to change thIngs up.)

I loved the m8 I had that phone it had an awesome dac/amp and can power headphones really well.

How do the Trinity Audio Vyrus sound?

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #6 of 20

This is my EDC: Sony A15 and Shure 215 with SpinFit tips. I take this everywhere, as it is part of how I manage a neurological condition called Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). It is amazing how helpful music can be, especially when the layers are a little more separated. It helps me focus and being an academic that is invaluable. I am looking to upgrade at least the Shures that are now around 5 years old.

The shures have lasted 5 years? That's a long time.

Music is amazing and beneficial for your mentality.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 20
The shures have lasted 5 years? That's a long time.

Yes, I am surprised about that because I abuse them quite a bit and can often wear them 8 hours a day.

Just ordered a pair of Trinity Audio 'Vyrus', so my EDC will soon include those.

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 20
I've currently been daily driving the Phantom Master 4 from Trinity as a bit of a shakedown exercise (they're not going to replace my Vyrus as EDC IEMs, I can't afford to treat them like I have treated the Vyrus :p), but before they arrived I'd been daily driving the Vyrus since the end of August. Love them to bits!

I've got the silver undampened filters in and I don't believe they add any extra bottom end to songs that didn't already have it. I listen to a lot of music, but electronic stuff is my main jam, hence the silver filters. I wear the Vyrus when I'm walking around work, cycling (not on the road), and mowing lawns (their size makes them a good fit under my ear protection). They have continued to sound good. One of the most pleasant, flexible single-driver IEMs I've heard.

Looking forward to hearing about the dual-coil driver version that's been mentioned :wink:

As for Ol' reliable, it's been a darn good phone the whole time I've had it. It's definitely a bit beat-up now with little marks and notches in the aluminium (despite my keeping it in a case) but the audio output has been great for me.

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #11 of 20

To and from work everyday, in my messenger bag. Never can tell what mood I'm in so I carry multiple IEMs.

My quick on the go would be:

Usually its my Sony EX800st, Tralucent Ref 1 too, or Tralucent Plus 5. Just bought the Ibasso it03, so they are in here temporarily. My CA Vegas are missing from the pic, they are on tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back