Audio Engine A5 OR KRK Rokit Powered 5 Generation 2?
Nov 10, 2010 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

abhijollyguy

100+ Head-Fier
Guys, I have short-listed 2 studio monitors and very confused between them. I need this speaker for my Plasma Television. I will listen these speakers from about 8-10 feet distance. I need Deep, tight and punchy bass with vocals should be like the singer is singing standing next before me and very very smooth treble with zero sibilance.

By seeing all these my requirements which studio monitor is the way to go?

KRK Rokit Powered 5 Generation 2 is 75W RMS total

Audio Engine A5 is 90W RMS total

So Guys, suggest me now according to my preferences and listening distance.

An early reply is requested.

Thank you.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 28
I can't speak for the Rokit speakers, but the Audioengine's are 'nearfield' monitors... and they sound best when you're up close to them.  I don't think they're appropriate for what you're planning.

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 28
i heard both and i would  take the KRK anytime. more clarity, more forward sounding, much tighter bass

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 28

Quote:
i heard both and i would  take the KRK anytime. more clarity, more forward sounding, much tighter bass

Are u sure dear? coz the main reason is this I cannot demo any of this both speakers coz i am ordering it from other city. In my city they are not available and from where i m ordering this speaker is providing 15 days trial listening with full money back guarantee.

so u said KRK is the best but KRK is 75 watts then? will it be appropriate for listening from 10 feets away?

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 28
To my ears, the KRK really is better sounding. i audition it with 5 feet away. 10 feet i am not so sure. But i guess for casual listening it shouldnt be a problem, unless you are telling me you are monitoring and mixing from that kind of distant.

Quote:
Are u sure dear? coz the main reason is this I cannot demo any of this both speakers coz i am ordering it from other city. In my city they are not available and from where i m ordering this speaker is providing 15 days trial listening with full money back guarantee.

so u said KRK is the best but KRK is 75 watts then? will it be appropriate for listening from 10 feets away?

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 28
First audio engine are not studio monitor its "hifi" type speakers and use passive crossover while studio use active crossover for its advantages.

I own RP5 they are nice but they won't give you deep bass and are too small for 10 feet (they will only give mids and high) away a RP8 would be appropriate if you don't want to use a sub-woofer or RP6 with 10S or any other brands.

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #7 of 28

Quote:
To my ears, the KRK really is better sounding. i audition it with 5 feet away. 10 feet i am not so sure. But i guess for casual listening it shouldnt be a problem, unless you are telling me you are monitoring and mixing from that kind of distant.

No, I am not monitoring or mixing. I just want to listen music and watching movies with these. As u said that it will not produce loud sound from 10 feet minimum so I think I should drop the idea of buying KRK R5.
redface.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 28
no no no i dint mean it wont go loud, i mean the dynamics u would lose frm listening from that far. the KRK RP5 can go REAL LOUD.

Quote:
No, I am not monitoring or mixing. I just want to listen music and watching movies with these. As u said that it will not produce loud sound from 10 feet minimum so I think I should drop the idea of buying KRK R5.
redface.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #9 of 28
Yes they can go REALLY loud without distorsion because its meant for studio use but you will not get "Deep, tight and punchy bass" unless you buy a sub with, and rp6 is better for your use or rp8.

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #11 of 28
I think I've made my mind to buy KRK Rokit Powered 8 Generation 2 now.
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #14 of 28
if you are looking for bass, i would suggest a sub to go with the RP5 instead of buying the RP8 alone.

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #15 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back