Audio editing
Jan 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Semus

New Head-Fier
I have a VERY unusual request.

As a child I used to watch sci-fi movies all the time. I even used to watch movies from the 50's and 60's like Forbidden Planet and When Worlds Collide.

My question is regarding a movie called "The last StarFighter". It's an 80's sci-fi movie. There are certain scenes on the alien mother ship where these aliens are talking. They have computer generated voices. The sound is very obvious. I can upload a sample of the audio if you'd like to hear a sample of what I am referring to. It's a very cool effect.

I was wondering how one might go about recreating such a sound. It might be incredibly complicated and very tedious, but I'd like to at least give it a shot.

Is there anyone out there that might have some knowledge with regards to Adobe Audition or some other programs that might help me achieve such a sound?

Here's a link to the sound in question. http://www.mediafire.com/?o7x91a8h15qlzzs It's just a WAV file.

Hopefully there are some audio geeks out there that can point me in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back