Audio Distortion DIY
Jul 24, 2013 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

djenkov

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I am working in a 5 men office. One of the guys is driving everyone else nuts! He is using speakers instead of headphones + he is listening to an awful type of music ( the kind that make you regress by the second).
We told him several times that he is disturbing us, but after a while he just starts to listen again.

So, how can I **** his speakers up?

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 7
Cutting the cable would **** his speaker up
evil_smiley.gif
(im not responsible for anything happen lol
biggrin.gif
)
Other way would be ask him to use an IEM for listening to music

Jul 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 7
I could do that, but I was hoping for a more creative method. I want him to think that they are getting faulty by themselves. But if I can't think of something, I will just snap the ******* cord.

Jul 24, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 7
EQ the sound until they distort? 

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 7
Just read this thread, had a good laugh and couldn't believe how wonderfully evil it would be to quietly blow up an annoying pair of somebody else's speakers
Wish you all the best in your quest, i'm sorry i don't have any good ideas to help you though.

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 7
If you can solder (or just have a few alligator clips), you can pretty much introduce your filter of choice in the signal path. A highpass at 5k sounds nice... :)

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 7
While doing anything to another worker's property could get you fired.

You might try putting a Zener diode across the loudspeaker terminals.
(I don't know what voltage would work best)
At low volume it would sound fine, but as the signal passed the Zener threshold it would get more and more distorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back