Audio CD-R blancs
Aug 28, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, so many different brands. I have some Imation "music" Cd-Rs. Can I assume that since they were not mentioned they are, in fact, the dog's a-hole?
blink.gif

howie

Imation work well on the Mac, which means compatibility with Pioneer DVD-R (Superdrive) burners which are one of the industry standards.

I can confirm Imation DVD-Rs last 6+ years at this point so I don't see why there would be anything dubious with their stock.

Strangely none of my Macs were that happy with Maxell discs although they do seem to like TDK.

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There were three other HeadFiers present with younger better ears and they all thought the CDs kept pace with the high end equipment.

Not surprising -- if you rip a CD to a lossless format and then burn it to another CD with a good program like nero that can verify the burnt data and the burn quality -- it will be bit-for-bit the exact same thing.

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #18 of 21
I use Taiyo Yuden media for years (DVD&CD) .Not all are of the same quality:some are great some are only decent .IME the best are the ones under Thats brand name:Its TYs own brand for the japanese market.The ceramic Thats CDRs&DVDRs are generally of excellent quality:

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 21
TY usually starts off with lower error rates than most competitors, but their life span might be a different story. I recommend TY, but my last pack of TY which I haven't finished yet is over two years and a lot can happen to a manufacturer. For example, Verbatim may have started outsourcing their manufacturing to some companies which make mediocre products.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

I have Memorex Black here,and i havent opened the package yet. I heard the black CDs last longer

No, it's not that they last longer, it's that some sound better. I say "some" because not all Memorex blacks are created equal. We are 3 years away from the Memorex blacks being of high-quality. If you bought them now, you are likley to have CMC Magnetics discs which are not long lasting.

Quote:

TY usually starts off with lower error rates than most competitors, but their life span might be a different story.

Yes it is. TY discs are over-rated. They do not last that long. You are better off with Verbatim DataLifePlus, and Mitsui MAM-A discs.

But of course, those will cost you...

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #21 of 21
Well, I did checksums on my Memorex Blacks and they were full of errors. Perhaps you like the sound of error correction.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back