audio cd quality
Dec 3, 2021 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Stefanmz7

100+ Head-Fier
hey,I have a ripped song from an audio cd I bought that I am putting on another audio cd for a gift and when I put it on that audio cd it seems to me for some reason the quality is lower? Although exact audio copy said that the song was copied perfectly and it sounds good when I listen to it outside of the original cd as well but when I put it on the blank cd it sounds worse or maybe it just seems to me like that. Why is that?

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 5
hey,I have a ripped song from an audio cd I bought that I am putting on another audio cd for a gift and when I put it on that audio cd it seems to me for some reason the quality is lower? Although exact audio copy said that the song was copied perfectly and it sounds good when I listen to it outside of the original cd as well but when I put it on the blank cd it sounds worse or maybe it just seems to me like that. Why is that?
Hmm... if ripping/writing went OK then it should sound same. Only possible reason that comes into mind is that CD-emphasis state does not match.

If CD-emhasis is OK (either disabled or enabled in both) then try compare the written data written to blank CD against data original CD (there sure are some software to do this.).

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 5
I see,how can I see cd emphasis?
Hmm... if ripping/writing went OK then it should sound same. Only possible reason that comes into mind is that CD-emphasis state does not match.

If CD-emhasis is OK (either disabled or enabled in both) then try compare the written data written to blank CD against data original CD (there sure are some software to do this.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back