Audio Cable Replacement Jack
Jan 22, 2016 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

elmuano

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I'm purchasing my first headphones, Sennheiser HD598 and will arrive today along with amp FiiO E07K.
I did some research for good quality of sound for music (and movies) on a budget and that's what I concluded I wanted to do.
The only thing is that I read around that the detachable stock cable for the headphones isn't as good as a customized one, so I also purchased online a 10 feet Belden 1192A cable that I will get soon. It has no jacks, so I've been calling a lot of local (and non local) places to find the jacks I need.
It looks like I need a male 3.5mm jack and a male 2.5mm jack. This last one is impossible to find. So I looked online and I found a couple and I plan to purchase it and take the cable with the jacks to my local music store to have them connect it. What I'm worried about is the description in amazon of the jack having a "lock" (the 2.5 mm that goes into the headphone). Looking at the picture zommed in it does look like there is a lock that fits into the headphone. 
Does anybody know how to make sure this can be done? Do I need that kind of lock in it? I don't want to damage my headphones or have a loos cable in it. 
I appreciate any info since I'm completely new to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back