Audinst-HUD-MX2 DAC/Amp
Mar 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #226 of 306
Thats ok lithium 1085 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #227 of 306
Is the Audist good match with HD598?

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #228 of 306
Quote:
Do post your impression regarding the Audinst mx2 and HD650 pairing. I'm considering to upgrade to both at the same time. Currently a full time IEM users. :)

Listened to a few more hours with HD 650 and Audinst mx2 combo today, I can say for definite that the Audinst really improves the clarity and opens up the soundstage quite up a bit which is a nice. 
beyersmile.png
 Also it seems the give HD 650's a more refined bass. I will have much more time to burn in/listen to the combo during the weekend and I'll let you know if anything changes/improves. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #230 of 306
Quote:
I'm interested, too :) Just got HD598 and need to know opinions about pairing with MX2.
I thought about getting Yulong U100, but MX2 seems interesting..

Not quite the same but I have the HD555 (modded to sound like HD595) which in this condition are said to be similar to the HD558/598 headphones, and they work well with the MX2. Everything tightens up, soundstage is improved ever so slightly (though the 555s are already notorious for a massive soundstage) and no issues with sibilance whatsoever which I've encountered with other amps.

Definitely seem to pair well to me.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #231 of 306
Bad news guys~my MX2 just malfunctioned. It produced distorted sound when both AC and USB r plugged in. works fine solely powered by USB thou. i have a request here, would any of you guys try to switch your MX2 to "USB" without USB plugged in (only connect with AC). did the light lit? and what is the colour of the light if it does. TQVM

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #234 of 306
Hi to everyone (my first post here). Now I'm torn between matrix cube dac and mx2. @project86, can you compare cube and mx2 more in terms of soundstage and imaging? My main headphone is he-300 rev.2 Maybe someone got them and can share opinion about matching them with cube or mx2 :) ? Now I'm using them with fiio e10. I suppose that he-300 deserves a better source and amp so I'm on a search.

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #235 of 306
Listened to a few more hours with HD 650 and Audinst mx2 combo today, I can say for definite that the Audinst really improves the clarity and opens up the soundstage quite up a bit which is a nice. 
beyersmile.png

Also it seems the give HD 650's a more refined bass. I will have much more time to burn in/listen to the combo during the weekend and I'll let you know if anything changes/improves. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, that seem like good news to me. Btw, you listen to trance with this setup? How the speed?

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #236 of 306
Quote:
Hi to everyone (my first post here). Now I'm torn between matrix cube dac and mx2. @project86, can you compare cube and mx2 more in terms of soundstage and imaging? My main headphone is he-300 rev.2 Maybe someone got them and can share opinion about matching them with cube or mx2 :) ? Now I'm using them with fiio e10. I suppose that he-300 deserves a better source and amp so I'm on a search.

The Cube DAC has a slightly better soundstage in terms of space. That aspect is probably its biggest strength. But the mx2 is not far behind, and is superior when it comes to details and clarity. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #237 of 306
Quote:
Today my system accidentally managed to reproduce the things jammerlee described.
After moving all the stuff from office to home for weekend, further burning in over night I just wanted to listen to a new album. Putting the westones into the ears, starting the track - out came a sound as if converted to 8 Bit 22.000 kHz track. No significant bass and highs, somehow shreddered mids and had to put the volume double as yesterday. Fortunately it was so more than obvious something faulty as it was not a slight nuance but total crap. So I shut Audirvana down, disconnected everything, then put it again in the order: DC to DAC, switch on the DAC to USB, connect the USB-Cable to Mac, choose the DAC in the sound-settings, starting the player. And - voila. Here we go again. Pristine sound as it was yesterday. Wonderful.
So that is definitely not a hardware fault but about in which order putting setup together.
So give a little attention how you put the things together and if output is crappy recable and restart everything. That should only bother the people with mobile setup.
At the moment I have no time to search what exactly went wrong on the software side. I keep you updated.
And there is no need to hyperventilate as it obviously happened while recabling (without thinking of the right order and with operating system running) and not during operation. 

hey i encountered this problem as well...but mine Won't go back to how it suppossed to sound . I'm lost

Mar 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #238 of 306
Quote:
Originally posted by jamerlee711: hey i encountered this problem as well...but mine Won't go back to how it supposed to sound . I'm lost

I also experienced this when using it with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet but I have also had the same thing happen with another dac, so it's probably down to the how the tablet is reacting to usb dacs. What set up did you have when this happened ? My solution was to disconnect the dac, reboot the tablet, open my media software on the tab and then reconnect the dac ( best make sure it's set to usb and switched on first ). This solved it for me. Hope this helps.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #239 of 306
Quote:
Oh, that seem like good news to me. Btw, you listen to trance with this setup? How the speed?

Trance is similar to electronic right? The speed might be a little slow compared with more forward and energetic sounding headphones but for me the HD 650 combo is fine when I listen to some fast paced electronic/punk rock music. One of the big benefits this combo has is the euphoric sound that you can get which I think will be really good for trance music. Of course if you mainly listen to trance you might want to consider some other headphones that sound lively and fast-paced by searching this site. I think the HD 650's are really nice as an all rounder and I think this combo is hard to beat price/performance wise.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #240 of 306
i got the good sound when i unplug the dc cable during playback.. for a few seconds. 
size]

size]

possible of busted capacitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back