audile Hiss from LDM+ and ER-4P's
Jan 15, 2007 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jeffbear

New Head-Fier
I just recived the LDM+ from Ebay and I noticed that there is an audile hiss from the unit through my ER-4P's even with no sorce hooked up. what could cause this and would the unit gain unit help this. Bass sounds great but I cant stand the hiss that gets worse as the volume is increased! Anyone else experiance this with thier LDM+? Should I contact David?

Jan 15, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 6
Is this hiss only present when no music is playing?
Does the character of the hiss change when a source is hooked up (no music playing)?
Is there still hiss with volume at zero?
What is your source?

More info is needed to solve this problem.

Jan 15, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 6
LDM+ is a hissy amp btw...

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 6
ok lets see...

Hiss is audible when unit is turned on with no source attached at all. Regaurdless of music playing or not.

Hiss is still present when attach via lineout to 4G iPod. I also noticed with the line out there is a slight buzz when the iPod is accessing the harddrive and the buzz goes away when music plays. Is this normal for 4G line outputs?

The character of the hiss does not change when a source is hooked up.

Hiss is still there when at no volume. Thats when I first noticed it. The first time I clicked the knob on and before I played any music.

I had read about low gain on the forums and asked about it to david and he said that the regular gain was actually prefered because the ER-4p's werent as sensitive as some other IEM's.(that didnt make much sense to me at the time he said that)

So what do you think did I get a bum unit? I plan on contacting David tonight to see what can be arranged. And I'm not so sure the Lineout is a good way of going anymore. Anyone experiance that before?

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffbear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok lets see...

Hiss is audible when unit is turned on with no source attached at all. Regaurdless of music playing or not.

Hiss is still present when attach via lineout to 4G iPod. I also noticed with the line out there is a slight buzz when the iPod is accessing the harddrive and the buzz goes away when music plays. Is this normal for 4G line outputs?

The character of the hiss does not change when a source is hooked up.

Hiss is still there when at no volume. Thats when I first noticed it. The first time I clicked the knob on and before I played any music.

I had read about low gain on the forums and asked about it to david and he said that the regular gain was actually prefered because the ER-4p's werent as sensitive as some other IEM's.(that didnt make much sense to me at the time he said that)

So what do you think did I get a bum unit? I plan on contacting David tonight to see what can be arranged. And I'm not so sure the Lineout is a good way of going anymore. Anyone experiance that before?

It sounds like you need a low gain model. David probably got confused b/t P & S...But I'm sure some Ety expert can confirm that. You can always get an P -> S adapter and see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back